Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i got my 22's in last week along with my tires, so a local shop first thing i ask "can you install 22" tires on 22" rims" ....simply just said yup, and that was good enough for me. I also booked an MVI for my car, so i brought it in at 8am!!!! this morning, and they're like our tire machine only mounts up to 20"....i was like your stupid downy of a secretary needs a new job, first thing i asked before coming to this place was if they could mount my tires.....and then he goes well what else can we do for you....i said i MVI.... oh you arent booked for one.... like are you serious...... i need to move to a new city. There isnt a single nice garage anywhere for 100 miles... sorry about the rant, but i realllllllly hate stupid people.

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,575 Posts
Actually YOU got luckier than we did. Took two new tires and 22" wheels to Tire Kingdom (after calling them to insure they could mount 22's) and sat inside and waited. After about an hour; they pull the car out so I go take a look see and sure enough the dumb A$$ first put the wheels wrong side up on the tire machine and the clamps came out and damaged both wheels, putting a Horseshoe type gouge in the face of both. Fighting and calling their corporate headquarters since last August and had to finally settling for only the price of TWO wheels, which they NOW no longer make. Just got the check about three weeks ago. So we are now using these wheels on the DEMON 'cuz we don't show that car!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeez im glad im not the only one that doesn't have a trust worthy garage to go to lol, but ya that really sucks.

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
I had a similar situation when I had my DZ springs mounted to the struts. I set up the appointment a day in advance and then took all the equipment over to em. After what seems like an eternity, he comes outta the garage tellin me he can't mount em cuz his compression machine is old. OK. He referred me to another shop around the corner and that guy mounted em up in no time. Plus, he did it for $20 cheaper than the first shop. I paid $40 instead of $60. I have no hard feelings against the first shop I went to, but when you find a good shop... be loyal to em.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya i need a few things too..... right upper control arm (381.84), inner tie rod ends ( 103.42), left rear upper arms (199.95), power steering pressure line (127.20), lower steering shaft (153.60)....and 69.89 each for labor, and ill probably want to replace both sides....however i will probably buy the parts online, and install myself and save like a grand...

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
Check out youtube. I watched a DIY on replacin inners and outers. It looks super easy and would save ya some good money.

·
Registered
799 Posts
if you do it yourself you will save HUNDREDS dude
i got a pole barn shop at my house
we do most our own work
and i just took a 2nd job at advance auto to get the discount on parts. lol
but good luck on finding a shop dude, hope all goes well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts