Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've all hear the phrase, "No good deed goes unpunished...", right?

Well, I've just proven the adage to be true. This morning, I lifted the hood of the Waldowagen, intending to clean up the engine room... As I was wrapping plastic around the various and sundry electrical components, I noticed the cover for the under-hood fuse box had been scratched, clean through to the plastic.

Rather than become upset, I looked upon the scratch as an opportunity to make an improvement on the already "customized" cover, to match it better with my engine cover. I decided to do a "good deed" for the Waldowagen. THAT was my first mistake...

My second mistake was.... Oh, never-mind, the "mistakes" began piling up faster and furiously-er, until I lost count and succeeded in having a complete mess on my hands.

To make a long story short, rather than merely sanding the scratch out, prepping the cover and shooting a fresh coat of paint over it, I ended up stripping the thing all the way down to raw plastic and starting from.. er, ah... scratch.

So much for tidying up the engine bay, I'm now fully involved in re-spraying a wee little bit o' plastic, just to get it back to what it looked like to begin with... Which brings to mind, another old adage, "Best let sleeping dogs lie...", or another, "If it ain't broke (in this case, very much), don't fix it..."

I should live by that in the future...

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I know how those types of impromptu projects work. I get into them all the time. I agree it hurts at first but I always seem to find out that I can do it faster and better the second time around so it works out.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
C'mon Ray, you're not fooling me. What else would you do with your time? ;-)

·
Premium Member
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know how those types of impromptu projects work. I get into them all the time. I agree it hurts at first but I always seem to find out that I can do it faster and better the second time around so it works out.
I've done this before.. each time it seems to take on a life of it's own, as if whatever I'm working on is possessed

C'mon Ray, you're not fooling me. What else would you do with your time? ;-)
You're probably right Bill... if it wasn't this, it'd be some other "project". It's just that this thing went so sideways, so quickly... a 20 minute job trurned into an all day affair.

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,568 Posts
Well remember my, what I thought was a GREAT idea at the time, trade for THIS only to find out I'll probably never use it and just end up storing it with the other THREE ones I have.

I figured "A bird in the hand was better than one in the bush". YUP ~ Wrong.

And then I spent all the money on this set and cannot find anyone that'll hook it all up for me...

Or the wood floor that won't stay hooked together...

Then... there is this ONE that wouldn't stick to the hood..... Need I go on..... I have MORE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts