Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just did the same! How did your edges (where you pulled the tape) turn out? What tips/tricks do you have? Did you let it dry or peel the tape right away?? Looks great btw

·
Registered
373 Posts
So how does your friend feel, you having the superior ride and all :p Looks good !!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I just did the same! How did your edges (where you pulled the tape) turn out? What tips/tricks do you have? Did you let it dry or peel the tape right away?? Looks great btw
edges aren't too smooth, but better than others i've seen. on one side we used an exacto knife and ran it down the seam of the tape/plasti and then tore it off little by little folding the removed tape in half because doing that makes it come off more evenly (the dip stretches and attaches to the tape)
on the other side we used a MUCH SHARPER razor blade, similar technique, much much smoother (not perfect) but it scratched the clear coat on the legit paint too easily so be careful
i'm thinking about buying a thin strip of some black rubber lining type thing like what they use on windows and line it up on the sides to make it perfectly smooth and give it a more distinguished look like it's a part of the bumper's concave

EDIT: i did one coat of very very light plasti dip it looked like there was just dust on it and let it dry for 10 min so that way the rest of the coats would adhere better to the bumper
i then put either two or three decently light coats allowing 15 min to dry inbetween and then two pretty generous coats (not too much or it'll streak) with like 20-30 min after each to dry and then one final touch up light spray over the whole area and let dry for an hour an a half before attempting to remove any tape/towels/newspaper

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What's behind the grill? Are those lights?
yeah the guy that owned my car before me installed them but didn't actually wire them i have no idea why, they're just super reflective
i don't like them but i don't dislike them enough to do anything about them... perhaps in the summer i'll wire them in and change the color, that could end up being pretty sick

·
SpaceCity LX
662 Posts
Looks good

future tip on the plasti-dip....peel the tape BEFORE it dries and you will have clean lines.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
ahh i actually came across a pic of yours which made me want to copy :p
you got mad sick decals and hood scoop though is it functional?
LOL-----Thanks man!!
The hood scoop is not functional. just for looks. Thr decals are a set I goy off of ebay then recently got some pinstriping tape and did the edges.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Scoop iin discussion is on meanmagnums avatar.

Looks Good man! I dig the plastidip front. I have mine like that too! Next time peal the dip while it is still wet and you will have a much cleaner line!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts