Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

Which look better on Silver Mag?

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
SilverBack
4,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think i may be more indecisive than fam (just don't have the bread to act on it), but I again need you guys opinions on shoes.

When I first thought of getting rims, I almost bought 22" staggered Black gloss Vipers from someone on LX, but all my boy's kept telling me that the black wouldn't look right on my Silver mag and that I should go with chrome, and something with a lip. I was torn because although we all like big lips, I was more inclined to keep or add to the Muscle Car look which the vipers would accomplish, but at the same time chrome 24's wit 8" lip def stands out.

Anyway I took their advice and bought the chrome 24's. I like them, but they took the Mag in a different direction than I originally envisioned going when I bought her. Just saw a Silver Mag on staggered Black Gloss Vipers and think I may have made the wrong decision. I got my Eibach Pro-kit coming in the next couple weeks, so I'm thinking about moving down to staggered 22 Black Gloss Vipers. Which do you think look better, keeping in mind Eibach Pro-kit is going on?

Here she is wit the 4's

Here's a pic of a Silver mag on black gloss Vipers (I think staggered)

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,575 Posts
WOW, both sets look GREAT to me ~ Hard decision, for sure!
Gotta admit, I love the chrome though with the big lip... geesh the vipers look great, especially being staggered..... Ahhhhh, you're on your own ~ LOL

·
SilverBack
4,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW, both sets look GREAT to me ~ Hard decision, for sure!
Gotta admit, I love the chrome though with the big lip... geesh the vipers look great, especially being staggered..... Ahhhhh, you're on your own ~ LOL
Haha, thanks for the help :hitwithrock: But your inability to decide makes me feel a bit better about my indecisiveness.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Those are the exact wheels I plan to get if I end up with a silver Magnum (aside from the question of size). The black definitely works with the silver IMO, though I think they would work even better with side stripes and black racing stripes.

I'd definitely go with the stagger as well...every car I've owned thus far has been staggered (if not stock, then with the aftermarket wheels).

Quick and sloppy MS Paint (door stripes would be a little higher and have text of course):

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
vipers FTW

i'm not bias, i'm just an ex viper owner who wants vipers again but cant afford them and i despise chrome with all my heart.

·
Mr. Entertainment
9,085 Posts
Pishhhhhhhh who rides on 2s........ ESP vipers.... LAMES ha ha anyway those vipers I hate cuz they have no lip and my rims have got to be blowing kisses. Trust me when u downsize they look soooooo small u gonna wanna come back. And it's costly lemme tell you!

·
Registered
150 Posts
No comparison. Vipers hands down. They look the biz. The 24's just don't look right... Almost "forced" The vipers look like they belong on there. I am all for OEM+ so my input is biased.

·
Going through Magnum withdraws
1,780 Posts
I am running black wheels on a silver Magnum and I think they look great!! so go for it!!!

·
your my boy blue...
5,221 Posts
staggered black vipers all day..there the rims i originally wanted as well, and will be selling my current wheels this winter so i have the vipers come spring..

·
Being kept down by the man
7,782 Posts
I'm viper bias.

·
Tired Boss, Dog Tired
2,909 Posts
Vipers all the way, chrome is too busy for me, and the look is mean.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
i would say it all depends on the look u goin for... i say keep em both!!! use the vipers for daily driving and any track/ racing u may get into... then have the 4s as a back up for shows, i think if u bagged it them 4's would look dope. and just for the record i am not huge fan of chrome esp the "spoke" look but my boy has them on a bagged impala and let me tell you they look sikk!!! there's my 2 cent$...

·
!!!GOBEARSGO!!!
3,874 Posts
I say keep the 24's.Then save up for some Vipers.They're over rated so a lot of people in the Charger forums are selling out on Vipers.

·
Steady As She Goes!!!...
6,467 Posts
go Vipers!
Them 24's are just tooo heavy!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Looking at the Nitto 420s tire package from the staggered Viper eBay listing, the rears are fitted with 295s. From a search, it seems most here are running 265-275. Anyone know if 295s fit without modifications? (ultimately, I'd prefer to run at least 295s if possible on these vehicles for the look, as my Vette has 295s and I could still want wider even on that). With 20"+ wheels, the skinny tires don't look right to me.

·
From Silver 2 Sexy Bullet
1,783 Posts
Black is definitely better for silver Mags. I just prefer chrome lips.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts