Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know with some of the other cars that have chips in the key you can hide the key in the dash next to the ignition and use the regular key in the ignition to start the motor, accesories. So here is the question, is this possible with the mags or does the key need to be in the ignition. I ask because I am now down to one key and don't want to pay a [email protected]*k load of money at the dealership for a new key. Also, has anyone bought blanks from anywhere other than the dealer? Thanks

K

·
0 Posts
Just ordered blanks off of ebay, suppose to have them programmed locally for $25.00. Will post updates.

N

·
0 Posts
Just ordered blanks off of ebay, suppose to have them programmed locally for $25.00. Will post updates.
Thanks, mine only has one key also. Will be looking out for your update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got a blank from Amazon... (This forum won't allow me to post the link yet)

I had to take the circuit board out of the original black plastic key fob and put it into the new one for it to start. And then I bought an additional rubber protector as this is my only key as well... (can't post the actual link yet - too new to the forums)

Good Luck! I never tried to use a non-programmed key to start mine with the programmed one just close by.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ordered blanks from eBay and Amazon. I only have one key, the programming instructions that came with blanks said I need to have both keys or trying to program the car myself won’t work.

I haven’t cut the blanks yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts