Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

Less than enjoyable customer experience

866 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  FiveAces 
#1 · (Edited)
First let me say that if this is the wrong place for this feel free to have a moderator delete this and pm me.
Second, I like your web site. The layout, product pictures and description are great.
Thirdly I waited a few days to cool down so this wouldn't be a anger fed rant.

(here's the but)

The customer service I received this holiday season was terrible.
I blame myself for ordering / needing parts that were not in stock. If this were a planned upgrade that was not time sensitive, I doubt this would have been an issue. The back (sob) story: Traveling with that family on a relatively (short) two hour trip for a Christmas reunion dinner I hit an obscenely large pot hole. It blew out my rear upper shock mount. The piston went up into the car and cracked through the molding in the trunk. We managed to limp to dinner and back slow and safely.

When it came time to order parts, again your web site is great. I found the shocks I needed with an estimated 24-72 hour shipping. (Now I completely understand this means they won't arrive in this time but they will leave your facility within 72 hours). I placed my order on Sunday Dec 28th. I reasonably assumed that the order won't get processed that day. The initial ship date on the auto generated email was Jan 1, a holiday, so I knew they weren't going out that day either, I understand that. The order then updated the ship date to Monday Jan 5th. I've worked in customer service too long I think, because I find all of this reasonable, understandable, forgivable. Then the nightmare started when I called your 800 number and started dealing with sales support.
The long wait time should have clued me in, I hoped it was just holiday extra business. So I opted to press the button to reserve my place in line and get a call back instead of the 10-15 minute (estimated) wait time. I received a call back 1 hour later. The first person didn't know what shocks were, which I get. They didn't need to know to fix my issue. But then she seemed to argue that this ship date was within the estimated 72 hours. After helping her with some basic math she came over to my side and did some digging to figure out why the change. BAM out of stock and the manufacture was closed until Monday. So I don't blame you for the delay, I blame you for the lengths I had to go to, in order for your team to make this right for me. I found a different brand of shocks that had a much shorter estimated ship time. Never received a confirmation email. The web site account /order info never updated. I waited a day, nothing. I had to call back. And wait again. Spoke with a second person to correct the order. Received a confirmation email with the correct shocks but it wanted me to finish my order an put a credit card in. So I called back a third time to verify everything was ok, I was assured it was. I waited again(new years holiday passed) no confirmation email, no update online with the order. Friday, I canceled my order(Jan 2)and requested a refund. I have a confirmation email on that saying that I requested it. But here I sit without my $200 and haven't heard anything on my cancellation is even being processed. Jan 8th about a business week later.

-FiveAces

[Edit] My first confirmation email had the wrong shocks (for a truck) prompting the (2nd?)call back. I've even probably left a few frustrating details out since it took a week to run it's course and been a week since.

See less See more
#2 ·
Just to compare I ordered shocks(and upper mounts) from another web site on a Sat and shipped out Monday. Received them Tuesday, shipping was free. I won't put that site up in your thread section to be polite. But if anyone is curious PM I'll tell you, I'm sure you will have heard of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.