Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Administrator
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets hear some stories of you kills either at the track or on the street. Have only had one encounter so far, a Mitshubishi 3000 GT. It had a loud can on it and a mild wing. We stopped at a light and when it turned green, I just eased out into the intersection to see if he wanted to play. I heard his exhaust rev up, so I punched it. He kept up until I hit second and then I had the wife wave to him as we pulled away:p

·
Registered
28 Posts
Only racing story's are on a bike.... 10.99 on my 99 R1 at a 128mph a few years ago... a 196mph on my 05 GSXR1000 over this past summer on the 101 in phx at about 3am with no one on the road

·
Registered
320 Posts
I usually get smoked but it makes for a better camera shot when I do:
http://grinnerhester.com/race.html
I'd like to get into the 12s. We'll see.
I get walked off the line alot. Even my wife beats me off the line in a stock 5/7L hemi. Me thinks the headers made for a huge loss on the lowend. Perhaps when a reprogramming chip is available I can utilize the mods I have done more.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Had a lil fun here with an import. It was at night so I couldnt tell what it was, he never passed me haha. 3 stop light to stop light runs, 3 wins. After the first one I rolled down my passenger window to see if he was spinning, and he wasnt. I would spin for half a sec and the ESP took over. First time he would look over, second time he looked, third time he just stay back hahah. I guess too embarrased to get beaten by a station wagon, and a V6 at that!! haha Too bad it wasnt day time so I could have seen what it was.

·
Registered
16 Posts
all a cars g 35s and 03 and under mild stangs all suffered the W.T.F. look when i spanked them

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Had a lil fun with a Pontiac G6. 2 stop lights 2 wins, i wouldnt consider it a kill, I won but only by a car length. The V-6 is still fun!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
356magnum said:
Had a lil fun with a Pontiac G6. 2 stop lights 2 wins, i wouldnt consider it a kill, I won but only by a car length. The V-6 is still fun!!!
Dave, let's run 'em to see the difference between the SXT and the R/T

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Husker said:
Dave, let's run 'em to see the difference between the SXT and the R/T
Im game, been wanting to do that for quite awhile. Specs say you are a sec faster in the either the 0-60 or the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
320 Posts
why is it everytime I race a GTO at the track I get smoked by more than a second and everytime I race one on the street, they see nuthin but ass from Lil Suzy? sup widdat?
Race a 350Z or an Infiniti that looks like one. Both are so freakin close, with a magnum R/T it's addicting. They know it too and are always up for a go.

·
Registered
20 Posts
356magnum said:
Im game, been wanting to do that for quite awhile. Specs say you are a sec faster in the either the 0-60 or the 1/4 mile.
Let me know when/where...I think it will be fun. But i am keeping my chip in :)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Husker said:
Let me know when/where...I think it will be fun. But i am keeping my chip in :)
Thats ok, the chip dont do anything anyway hahahahhaah (J/K dont want to start the great chip deate haha). Was traveling south on 72nd and played with a 84-86 style camero. Sounded like he had a hole in his muffler haha. At first I wasnt paying any attention to him. I took off like I normally do (heavy footed but not racing) and I guess he though I was racing. Next light we go and he gets me by bout a doors lenth and does the ricer "emergency flasher I won thing". Then turns his music up, I threw in my Digital Bass Cd and embarassed him. I turned it down and his better half started shaking her head. He yells "nice sound system too bad its not all that fast". I wiped the grin off of his face when I told him it was a V-6. Then I said lets play follow the leader and get on 80 east(its a 25 mph 270 on ramp). I noticed that he was slowly falling back then I see his headlights spin. I pull over and backed up to see if they were alright(ramp with 2 shoulders so plenty of room for safety), 80-0 in about 2 car lengths it seemed. As i get out to go over there I saw that he was alright til his better half began to beat the crap out of him haha. He comes running over towards me to get away from her laughing. We sit there for a few min and he asked me how fast on the curve and his jaw dropped when I told him I hit 80. After about 5 min and checking under his car to make sure nothing was broke we took off. Man I love the ESP hahha.

·
Registered
121 Posts
magnum fun

OK I got a 05 magnum RT and I now beat all my friends except for one but he has a Evo 8 with some mods but i did keep up, he was inpressed,

as far as the kills
95 eclipse gst "turbo".......didnt have a chance
2003 subru WRX "AWD turbo".....killed him off the line, he never had a chance. all my friends hate that they loose to a wagon but they respect the HEMI. i have played with other people in town, its just to much fun.

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
grinner said:
why is it everytime I race a GTO at the track I get smoked by more than a second and everytime I race one on the street, they see nuthin but ass from Lil Suzy? sup widdat?
Chances are on the street you raced a 2004 GTO(350 hp), and at the track you ran a 2005+ GTO(400hp)

·
Registered
15 Posts
In the Magnum R/T I have only run a Infinity G35(the 300hp version). We were dead even from 35 to about 110mph. My wife however flat-out dusted a 2002 Mustang GT(somewhat modded) on the highway in the R/T.

In the Srt-4 I have done some real damage. I will only list the bigger game prey I have killed:

2005 GTO--pulled 2 cars from 60-110(was still pulling hard when he gave up)

2006 BMW M5(he was in 400hp mode)--I pulled about a car on him in 4th gear

2 2006 C6 Vettes--both races were very close. I ended up pulling a half car on both of them.

There have been MANY MANY other victims, but I don't want to take upthe entire thread posting them. lol

280+ whp in a Neon is fun. :trink39:

·
Registered
50 Posts
i flat out spanked a 06' vet at two lights in a row, not a Z06 but still had my fun, bottom line, he was getting on it way too hard.... and with wet streets it's really hard to keep up with an awd hemi

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had a good day

I had a good day,
I spanked a RT Charger on the way to work... had temp plates "he's learning"

later on the way home i flat out smoked a new Mustang GT, he was pissed!...
he was on my ass for 6 mi. "tried to pass twice" what a joke.
We pulled into the same gas station and i asked him how it felt to get stomped by a wagon?...
because i know "watch those Audi's"...

All i got was a subtle F#*k you,

LONG LIVE THE HEMI!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had a Mustang V6 with bolt-ons try me last night. I had 3 passengers, he was alone..light turned green, he launched, so I launched too. I was already a full car ahead before hitting 40, so he gave up. LOL

·
Registered
121 Posts
:(

i never get to race off the line all these chickens in town wait back behind me and when i am not paying attention they blow by at about 50. lol in a 35 and they must be thinking "yeah i beat a hemi" LOL but when it comes to a red they dont even line up what the heck is with that i think its Hemi envy

my wife was taking a quick stroll thru the park with the magnum on sat when it was really nice and she said some guy told her to light em up. LOL she told me she wasnt sure how so she didnt try. sound like she needs lessons.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
kill or no kill?

I raced my buddy, he has an 05' GTO 6.0 litre. I won, but only because he couldn't get traction...

I say KILL !!!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts