Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2005 Dodge Magnum SXT V6 and I am experiencing pulsating interior and exterior lights. I went to the dealership recently to receive TSB 18-003-05 to correct this issue and the lights are still flickering. The dealership flashed the vehicle and determined I needed a new headlight switch. They also told me that the part was on backorder and that it would take 2 weeks to come in so I ordered and installed one by myself. The lights are still flickering. I need some help on this one. I thought the flash was supposed to fix this issue?

Actions taken
1. TSB 18-003-05 from dealership
2. New headlight switch

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
There was another thread very similar to this about a week ago....can't find it though. He had an SE and it was the FCM (front control module), Best I can suggest is to at least look in that direction and hopefully eliminate it as a possibility.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
After a new heavy duty altenator ( Factory stereo, not electric mods), new headlight switch, and battery (+ cables) I still have the same thing. I am leaning towards the FCM. However it is $700-800 installed. If you hear anything else I would also like to know!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
if you need the FCM they are on backorder till the end of oct. I found one in Dallas and Utah. There is only one left in Utah for 05 sxt. # 702-558-3072 number for parts department for Dodge. Part #05026021ae. Better jump on it quick because I called all over to find one. My lights wrer flickering also and with the new one it has stopped.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Crap, now mine is doing the flickering thing. Does anyone know if the FCM is interchangeable between all LX models? If so I should be able to find one at a pull-a-part junk yard for cheap. Also, do I need to have the new one flashed or anything to get it to work on the car?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm not sure if it's interchangeable but if u get one at the junk yard they have to program it to your cars options.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Would the car run without it being programmed? I'm asking because if I swap out the part, the dealership that would have to program it is about 30 miles from my house. I would much rather drive it than pay the tow bill... It's tolerable for now it just intermittently pulsates while I'm driving, almost like I'm pushing some big subs or something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
I have a FCM for sale in the "For Sale" Section! Its for an SXT, though I dont know that it would actually make a difference, but it wont need to be programmed if you have an SXT.
As for the flashing, I cant guarantee that it will fix it, How bad is it? My back seat ones kinda pulsate while driving, when they're not supposed to be on at all.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Well mines an rt but it really doesn't do it bad, just enough for me to notice. All of my dash lights and exterior lights pulsate. But not all the time it is inconsistent. Like I said it kind of seems like I am pounding some subs or something but I still have a stock stereo. I don't know it might not even be the FCM on my car...

·
Registered
47 Posts
My headlights did the flashing thing at night on their own. My problem was the headlight switch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi everyone, i bought my 2005 magnum less than two months ago and am having the same issue. i am going to check the headlight switch first, and if that doesn't correct the issue, then i'll be replacing the FCM and flashing it to my car....

Bummer! I bought this car recently for my wife and daughter, and I've been slowly discovering issues....

FYI...I can get used FCM modules for under $80 nationwide with a matching number! But you have to have it programmed still...let me know if you need one and I can help!

My FCM is 5026021AB....there's a lot nationwide surprisingly.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Here is a video of mine. It's not bad but bothers me. It seems to be worse between 1-2k rpms.

[video]http://s1165.beta.photobucket.com/user/MichaelWWood/media/video-2012-10-30-01-41-48.mp4.html[/video]

·
Registered
47 Posts
ok, mine started this on the interior lights. What is the FCM? Is my car in danger of a breakdown?

·
Registered
289 Posts
I don't think so, mine still does it too but it's not real bad. Bothered me alot at first but now I don't even notice...lol Too expensive of a fix just for some flickering lights IMO. I'm planning on putting in hid headlights so it won't flicker anymore. If you dim your interior lights you won't notice them either unless yours is really bad...

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
My car does it from time to time like the power is being drawn out for jut a lil bit..I could never figure it out posted a thread about it when I first joined but no one could answer

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm getting the same thing also, comes and goes. I'll be digging into this also and I'll post if I figure something out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello I have a 2005 Dodge Magnum SXT V6 and I am experiencing pulsating interior and exterior lights. I went to the dealership recently to receive TSB 18-003-05 to correct this issue and the lights are still flickering. The dealership flashed the vehicle and determined I needed a new headlight switch. They also told me that the part was on backorder and that it would take 2 weeks to come in so I ordered and installed one by myself. The lights are still flickering. I need some help on this one. I thought the flash was supposed to fix this issue?

Actions taken
1. TSB 18-003-05 from dealership
2. New headlight switch
For anyone still having this issue. I replaced my PCM (contains the voltage regulator) and that solved it. I have a video up on YouTube here:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts