Demon likes this!

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,568 Posts
The like button IS pretty cool IMO.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I personally dislike "like buttons". They are a lazy alternative to providing meaningful comments or criticism to a post.

Regardless of my opinion, it would be the Administrations decision to implement a system or not.
being lazy myself i take offense to that statement. im kidding, please dont ban me. :)

its nice to be able to hit a button to agree with someone when you have nothing further to add.

like i have said before, with or without we have the best group of people/ family on the internet! bar none!

·
I am a computer.
5,685 Posts
being lazy myself i take offense to that statement. im kidding, please dont ban me. :)

its nice to be able to hit a button to agree with someone when you have nothing further to add.

like i have said before, with or without we have the best group of people/ family on the internet! bar none!
I will agree that a "like" feature is better than a page of posts that only contain "+1" or "x2", but at the same time we lose some of the people who may have said "Great job, I like the way you . . . " or "I agree with Bill but keep in mind . . . " because it is more convenient to click "like". I find it reduces the little interaction we have in an already detached form of media.

Anyway, we are all entitled to our own opinion.

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,568 Posts
This is true!
^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
909 Posts
I have never used the like button on lx lol. I always wondered what it was really for. Plus I use tap talk 99.9% of the time and you can't see nor use that function

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I will agree that a "like" feature is better than a page of posts that only contain "+1" or "x2", but at the same time we lose some of the people who may have said "Great job, I like the way you . . . " or "I agree with Bill but keep in mind . . . " because it is more convenient to click "like". I find it reduces the little interaction we have in an already detached form of media.

Anyway, we are all entitled to our own opinion.
i can agree with that point of view. its not even a real isue as far as im concerned. im happy to have a place to go and share/learn info about my magnum thats free from trolls. :) like button or no like button this is like nothing else on the web!

·
I am a computer.
5,685 Posts
i can agree with that point of view. its not even a real isue as far as im concerned. im happy to have a place to go and share/learn info about my magnum thats free from trolls. :) like button or no like button this is like nothing else on the web!
I am indifferent on the implementation as well. To me it won't enhance, nor retract from my interactions on this forum. (I just dislike them in principal aha.)

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I'm all for a like button. But I do see the other views on it though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts