Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know what the little red light is under the fuel gauge? And what it means if it blinks at you?

·
Premium Member
9,241 Posts
Security System...prob because it got broke into?? dunno

SECURITY ALARM SYSTEM — IF EQUIPPED
The Vehicle Security Alarm system monitors the vehicle
doors for unauthorized entry and the ignition switch for
unauthorized operation. If something triggers the alarm,
the system will prevent the vehicle from starting and
provide the following audible and visual signals: the
horn will pulse; the headlights will flash; the park lights
will flash; and the Vehicle Security Alarm Indicator light
in the instrument cluster will flash.

Tamper Alert
If something has triggered the system in your absence,
the horn will sound three times when you disarm the
system. Check the vehicle for tampering.

·
your my boy blue...
5,221 Posts
and if the light stays red , uh oh your in for it, that means u will be in a moody car for 7 days, lol..dont get on her bad side during that time, lol

·
I love boobies
7,871 Posts
Thanks Greg for posting this for me. I have an aftermarket alarm not the factory so could it be anything else? Really not that big of a deal, car seems to riding the same...I did notice if I turn the car off then back on it shuts off....hmmmm...Not gonna worry to much about it unless you guys think I should take it to the stealership and ask them. Dont feel like droppin out $100 just for them to tell me not to worry about it ya know.

·
They call me Destroyer
11,579 Posts
malfunction indicator light

ours did it a couple times...

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,575 Posts
and if the light stays red , uh oh your in for it, that means u will be in a moody car for 7 days, lol..dont get on her bad side during that time, lol
Tell me about it.... this is ONE of the MAJOR things wrong with Tee's SXT... light is ON all the time!!! ??????????????????

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
if it stays on it will code a u code call me and i did not my sticker yet

Okay, so mine did that a couple of times here last week or so. Went to get out of the car and the light started flashing. Put the key in, turned it on and then off and it went away. Out of curiosity I did the key dance the other day and got a code U 110A. I've seen threads on other codes but never with a U. Can you tell me what freaked it out? The car runs okay and no issues so I don't usually check but the code hasn't gone away yet. I also had 1 night that the auto lights did not come on. I manually had to turn them on.(?) Next morning it was fine. (I work nights) I finally got an electrical gremlin. Up to now I thought he was a myth since all I heard were stories. :eek:mfg:

·
Premium Member
9,241 Posts
Okay, so mine did that a couple of times here last week or so. Went to get out of the car and the light started flashing. Put the key in, turned it on and then off and it went away. Out of curiosity I did the key dance the other day and got a code U 110A. I've seen threads on other codes but never with a U. Can you tell me what freaked it out? The car runs okay and no issues so I don't usually check but the code hasn't gone away yet. I also had 1 night that the auto lights did not come on. I manually had to turn them on.(?) Next morning it was fine. (I work nights) I finally got an electrical gremlin. Up to now I thought he was a myth since all I heard were stories. :eek:mfg:
U110A-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH SCCM - CAN - C
Bus messages not received from the SCCM (steering column control module) for approximately 2 to 5 seconds.

·
your my boy blue...
5,221 Posts
my sarcasm flew over u guys heads on this one, lol...

i was refering to the car as a woman, and the red light as to that time of the month, lol red light, dont get on her bad side, moody...

but ive had the light flash on me before, ive had my fob stop working, lock me out the car,i had to jimmy my door open, cause i have no lock cylinder on the drivers door, then once i put the key in the ignition ,the fob worked again to unlock and lock my doors,ive had code 0513 come up,cleared it, never payed it any mind, never had a problems regarding it..

i just think there lil hiccups that happen every now and then...

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
The red light is related to the key, keyless entry, body control module. If it flashes but goes away, no worries. Mine flashed when my remote starter reached it's 10 minute idle limit and shut the car off, then I started it with the key immediately. The keyless entry module did not like it.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
I've been using the remote start quite a bit this year and everything seems to be fine. I thought maybe I hit one of the buttons on the key when I went to shut it off and it maybe had a brain fart. How do you clear the codes? I don't have any fancy programmable doo hickies.

I got it Bookem but I can get moody any time! (especially when it deals with my car)

·
your my boy blue...
5,221 Posts
pull fuse 11 under the hood, or remove negative battery terminal for a few seconds to clear the code..

yeah im moody to when it comes to my car acting up, lol i bet we all are..its the love for cars in us..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts