Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
They call me Destroyer
11,579 Posts
You can aslo go to autozone/checker/pepboys and borrow their code reader for free. Use it to clear your codes.
you HAVE to borrow it though, if u have them do it, they'll tell you tough luck!

·
Premium Member
8,387 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^
I would never trust anything any of them tell me. Any place that sells blinker fluid, and tells you to change the air in your tires every 3k miles is not for me

·
You aint ready for this yet!!!
2,468 Posts
Ok I can shed a little light on this. I just got a viper alarm with remote start installed on my car on Sunday however it was not completed until yesterday. The first day it was put in the check engine light came on and the car would only start for 5 seconds and cut off. My check engine light would only come on when I tried to remote start the car. Ok so monday went back to the shop and had them try to resolve this again and the couldnt get the module to program off my keys and they went through like 5 modules all not working. Then yesterday they had a 3rd key made with a chip and placed in the car and still we got the check engine light and but the car would stay on. Finally after more research we found out that you need to install 2 relays into the alarm system and a few more things in order to get this to work. Now car starts perfect and no check engine light. So i'm guessing this problem has to do with the remote start system

21 - 28 of 28 Posts