Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just get one........you cant be a fool all yer life.

this thing is impressive! i was a little sceptical payin $300 for it but damn, when i got it out of the box and set it on the counter i just sat in amazement. the quality and fit and finish is great. really huge air filter w/ the inverted cone tip, really nice touch.

install was ok. pretty quick taking out the stock airbox, one bolt really. putting on the LMI intake was real easy. i was worried at first not having any support for the intake, its kinda just hangin out there, but when you tighten everything down its actually really solid. i did however have a slight problem getting the filter tight enough to the intake itself. the ring clamp was a little sticky and i was affraid to tighten it too much on the carbon fiber, but if you slide the filter on a little further and clamp er down tight, it works out fine.

the other problem was the breather filter that replaces the stock breather hose that connects to the airbox. the filter they supplied did not even come close to fitting, it was too large in diameter and it lines up right by one of the coil packs. just plain wont fit in there. so i used the stock breather hose as an extension and ran it right out from under the engine cover. i messed up on the first length i cut (cut it too short) so i ended up having to use the bent part of the hose. the first straight peice looked great, but i cut it just a little too sort! damn. ill redo it eventually.

sarted er up and damn that thing sounds amazing. when you rev it you can here it suckin air through the filter. it almost sounds like a turbo waste gate. it makes it really throaty when you get on it too, im really supprised how much different it made the engine sound. it feels a little quicker when u really get on it but it probably wont do much w/ out a flash tuner. i just got a predator but mine had a problem and i had to send it back which is a whole different story. i'll post the results once i get my tuner back and install the 91 tune.

bottom line, dont buy a k&n or any other bs. get the LMI intake!

Attachments

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,574 Posts
Yup, that's the Legmaker "HAMMER DESIGN"... The exact same on I have on my SRT and as you said, I love mine, fit and finish was perfect, amazed at the heavy duty clamps! And I love mine as well!

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Congrats! That's nice!

Looks about the same as my "ARIA"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts