Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew you couldn't resist opening it up with a title like that.

I picked up my Magnum yesterday after having the rear hatch shaved and adding a little two tone action.

Here are a couple of pictures of the completed work.

And a side shot

I really like the new look, what do you think?

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
Looks great. It's kinda hard to tell from the pics, but didyou paint the roof black or just the side pillars? How much did the paint and bodywork cost?

·
Registered
19 Posts
It looks sweet. Seeing no windshield wiper or badges kinda reminds me of seeing a Sesame Street Grover muppet with no nose. Its weird I know. Heh.
Its Friday!!! Strange things happen to my brain on friday.

JCH

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks

Thanks for the kind words...

Yea, we only painted the sides, a stripe on the hatch and the rear and bottom of the spoiler in a matte black finish.

I brought it to the paint shop with the wiper and hatch handle already removed and I moved the switch myself to save a few bucks.
To see my how-to here http://www.custommagnums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=477

The cost were $300 to patch and weld the holes, $400 to paint and clear the hatch and another $500 for the black paint work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I love the two tone man, not so sure bout the shaved hatch maybe not my style but definetly original, well done. By any chance did your RT come with the back two windows tinted and if so, how did you get the front windows to match?

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the props,

The front windows I had tinted and are lighter than the rears 20% I think. The rears came tinted from the factory.

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It looks like you guys had a pretty good turnout at the Shindig. How many car were there?

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is is useless out here in SoCal, I think I used it once in two years and I didn't like the little clean strip it left on the window. Then you need to get out a clean the rest of the window so the car doesn't look filthy.

·
Steady As She Goes!!!...
6,467 Posts
how much work is it to shave the rear hatch???

1 - 20 of 26 Posts