Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Magnum Family,

Ok to start let me tell you what I already have...my ride is a 2005 RT with a Oil Catch can, K&N CAI, DiabloSport Intune (running the 93 Oct CAI Tune) and a 180* T-Stat.

Im looking to change out my exhaust but seeing as how I don't want to spend more than $500 I figured a muffler swap is my only option (please let me know if I can do more for under $500). I would like to give my Maggie a little bit meatier exhaust note without it being ridiculous, ideally I want it to sound just a little bit meaner/slightly louder under normal driving conditions and really sound 'healthy' when I open her up without sounding like straightpipe or something else that's equally hellacious. Also, if possible I would like to get a little bit more performance.

I know very little about exhaust setups so please give me any intel that you see applicable.

Thanks all!

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Here is what I use and it sounds real good...................

Two Flowmaster 40's up front and 2 short glass packs in the rear - no drone.

Had my local muffler do all the work - it was done 10 years ago and still sounds good.

Bob

click on photo

·
keep calm? IT'S GOT A HEMI!
8,394 Posts
I did 2 Flowmaster 40s on the front with no reso on the SRT for a long time. Had a little drone at a certain RPM and load but it wasn't bad. Had it all done for about 250-300$.

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,577 Posts
I too, like the sound of the flowmasters.

·
Registered
3 Posts
straight pipe beyond stock x pipe

All I did to my exhaust was cut it all off after the stock x pipe and run two 2 1/4" piping all the way back to the stock exhaust ports. No drone but when you get on it she obviously screams. All in all cost me roughly $100 for piping and bolt on brackets for the hangers.

·
Battle Wagon
278 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts