Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a new set of OEM front lower control arms for the Magnums? I bought the Dorman ones from RockAuto. This is gonna sound stupid, but they're too thick. My car is bagged old school with custom bag brackets that sit over the bottom control arm. The bracket is a "c" channel that's only 1/2 in thick like the original control arms. My new ones are 1'' thick, so I would have to make entirely new brackets if I use the Dorman ones, and I would prefer not to have to do that. I know the new aftermarket control arms are a lot more beefed up than the originals, but that doesn't concern me. My originals lasted me 106,000 miles and new ones would last that much longer. If anyone has any that would like to trade, I'll do a straight swap.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still looking....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a guy that's a Dodge mechanic. He said they won't let him swap me for some. They keep a very close eye on inventory, and I don't have $200-300 for new ones, especially when I just bought these.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I finally got some time and decided to just adjust my brackets and put on the Dorman arms. Man, the car drives 100% better!! :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, obviously I don't have very good luck. My brand new control arms are now twisting just like the old ones. This is totally stumping me. I don't understand what would make them twist like that. I thought it was because the old bushings were worn out, but I guess I was wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts