Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 2.7 magnum that is losing fuel pressure over night. I changes the fuel pump and that fixed the problem for 5 days and now it is back to now starting right a way I have to prime it like 8 time then it still cranks for 5 sec in the morning. Once started it runs normal. any suggestion?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
When you turn the key, do you hear the fuel pump kick on before you crank it?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Did you also replace the filter on the pump?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Had this once and it was a very dirty injector that wasn't fully closing off allowing any residual pressure in the supply line to bleed off. Had a shop do a proper fuel system cleaning and all was good again. None of the off the shelf fuel additives helped but the full cleaning at the shop did the trick nicely.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yes when I turn the key on I can hear the pump turn on. I do that a few times to help get fuel in the lines. The fuel filter it part of the pump so it is new as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had this once and it was a very dirty injector that wasn't fully closing off allowing any residual pressure in the supply line to bleed off. Had a shop do a proper fuel system cleaning and all was good again. None of the off the shelf fuel additives helped but the full cleaning at the shop did the trick nicely.
When you had this problem did it run normal once t started up or did it backfire and run weird.?

My car seems to run normal once i get it started in the morning.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
It ran normal once it was going but it definitely smoothed out at idle afterwards. Hadn't noticed the change as it was so gradual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts