Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was just wondering what would happen if I decide to put a lower then recommended offset on an AWD which requires a high offset will. Will the rims stick out?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depending on the width and how low the offset is, yes. They will stick out. And depending on how low your car is you may destroy your fenders and tires with the first big bump.
Thanks for answering my question so quickly. I appreciate the feedback, question answered fully. Thanks again.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Also, you may experience premature wear on the wheel bearings from the load being offset.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, you may experience premature wear on the wheel bearings from the load being offset.
Thanks for your input. Around my city, I've seen a handfull of magnums with the wrong offset rims, and call me crazy, but I kinda like how they look lol. Do you have any clue how much the tires will stick out with an offset of +20? Thanks.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Need to check, but I believe the stock offset for 18" rims & 7.5 width is 55mm.

There's roughly 25.4 mm per inch so going to an offset of 20 mm is going to be more than 1" difference and that is not taking into account of the rims width. I would suggest sticking with something 38mm and higher.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I don't know how much they stick out but I bought AWD Magnum with R/T wheels already on it. I don't think it looked bad, but I wanted to correct offset so if I wanted to get coilovers I wouldn't be hitting the fender. Here are some comparisons.

When I bought it

Plastidipped

My new 42 offset wheels

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know how much they stick out but I bought AWD Magnum with R/T wheels already on it. I don't think it looked bad, but I wanted to correct offset so if I wanted to get coilovers I wouldn't be hitting the fender. Here are some comparisons.

When I bought it

Plastidipped

My new 42 offset wheels
Those didn't look bad @ all. Thanks for the input.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts