Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just bought a 2007 Dodge Magnum R/T with sunroof. And I'm 6' 4" tall. So I've got a little headroom problem.

Is there any way to lower the driver's seat? Even a half inch or inch would be very helpful.

I've got power seats, leather.

Thanks for your ideas.
Ron

·
your my boy blue...
5,221 Posts
yup, the lever that moves the bottom part of the seat forward and back..

pussing the front of the button will lower the leg section, pushing down on the back of the button will lower your azz, lo

push down on the entire button , both will lower simultaneously..

·
180 RWHP 201 trq
2,281 Posts
yup, the lever that moves the bottom part of the seat forward and back..

pussing the front of the button will lower the leg section, pushing down on the back of the button will lower your azz, lo

push down on the entire button , both will lower simultaneously..
Correct I know we have alot of tall members here and the fit in there cars very well

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I understand that the power seat controls can lower the seat. But I need it to go even lower than the power seat controls will go.

·
Quando omni flunkus moritati.
3,790 Posts
I'm right on 6 ft tall and I have the moon roof. I drive with the seat down all the way. If I put my hand on top of my head, I'm touching the headliner too! So, at 6' 4" I imagine you are having quite and issue!

Try reclining more. You may even have the adjustable pedal option along with the tilt/telescoping steering wheel so you can really adjust all the controls to just about anything you want.

As for physically moving the mounts down, I can't say that I've heard of anyone doing this yet. If it can be done, I'd be interested.

The '05-'07 LX's actually had the seat raised about 2" for a "better view of the road". They apparently figured out this wasn't such a good idea because the '08 Magnum (and probably the other LX's too) have a lower seating position which creates more head room.

·
180 RWHP 201 trq
2,281 Posts
The sunroof I think is killing my headroom; it looks like it must consume 2 inches.
I have a sunroof and I am 6 2 and I am not even close to hittin my head, do you know if you loosen up your tilt on the stering wheel it telescopes in and out so you can move your seat back farther so you have more options to try.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the ideas. I have found that with the telescoping steering wheel all the way out, I am able to recline the seat a little more which helps some. Stingrayj, that is interesting, that they lowered the seat by 2" in 2008. I wonder how they lowered it?

·
3,790 Posts
Thanks for the ideas. I have found that with the telescoping steering wheel all the way out, I am able to recline the seat a little more which helps some. Stingrayj, that is interesting, that they lowered the seat by 2" in 2008. I wonder how they lowered it?
It's actually the other way around. The RAISED the seating position in the '05-'07 models because everyone was still into the SUV's so they figured people wanted a higher point of view. I guess they figured out that this wasn't an SUV in '08. Basically, the mounts are built differently. I'm not sure if it is in the brackets on the seats or in the mounts on the floor.

Someone had asked before about putting '08 seats in a pre-'08 before, but no one had a definite answer if it would work or not.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
stingrayj, I looked at the seat mounting last night. The mounts for the seat rails are elevated by about 2 inches. I'll have some time in a couple weeks to work on it; I'll have to remove the seat and rails, remove the carpet from that area, and then try to figure out something. But I think that it is going to be possible to do it. Thanks for the tip about the 07/08 model year change.

·
3,790 Posts
stingrayj, I looked at the seat mounting last night. The mounts for the seat rails are elevated by about 2 inches. I'll have some time in a couple weeks to work on it; I'll have to remove the seat and rails, remove the carpet from that area, and then try to figure out something. But I think that it is going to be possible to do it. Thanks for the tip about the 07/08 model year change.
Good luck! And if you do figure something out, TAKE PICTURES! We love pictures. lol! :beerchug:

·
eat cro
310 Posts
lol. im 6' 8'' and i dont have a problem at all fitting in my magnum. I mean my seat is back far enough its practically touching the back seat but i fit just fine
My friend is friggin' 6'10 and sat in the back seat. I am 6'3" and have about a half a foot to spare. He must have one long ass torso.

·
One wicked azz car!
5,940 Posts
it can be done but you need to do some fab work which would basically do away with the stuff to make the seat go up and down

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not to hijack your thread, but is there any way to raise the driver's seat? I'm only 5'1 and while I can see everything I need to drive, I can't quite see the nose which makes it a pain to park so I end up with the back sticking out of the parking spot because I can't tell how much room I have in the front. And I don't have the power seat (SE model) so no magic little people button for me. :(

·
Registered
276 Posts
The sunroof does take away some of your headroom. I noticed that when driving my 2.7 without a sunroof, I had a good 3 inches of space above my head. Then when I got the RT with a sunroof, I have an inch maybe, of headroom. Solution: get more of a gangster lean going.

·
eat cro
310 Posts
Not to hijack your thread, but is there any way to raise the driver's seat? I'm only 5'1 and while I can see everything I need to drive, I can't quite see the nose which makes it a pain to park so I end up with the back sticking out of the parking spot because I can't tell how much room I have in the front. And I don't have the power seat (SE model) so no magic little people button for me. :(
The easiest solution would be to stop at the nearest Chili's and grab a booster chair :)

You would first have to remove the seat from its frame. You can pick up seat risers to adjust the seat to whatever height you need, or you can do it yourself with a piece of scrap metal if you know how to weld. Reattach the seat with bolts that are longer than the originals, since there is more frame.

Here is a link to a reputable company...I noticed that you live in Tennessee; there is a company in Shelbyville, TN. If you live in proximity maybe they can install it for you. I hope this helped.

Seat Risers Seat Mounting System

1 - 20 of 22 Posts