Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all new 2006 magnum rt owner here and i'm just curious if anyone of you have or are planning to lower your car and if there are any problems if you have already. I've been hearing that if lowered the vehicle rubs/bumps the fenders alot. Dealership suggests not to lower it because of this problem they have had with their show models. I currently have 22" sittin on 35" a JBA exhaust and JBA titanium coated headers. The highest mpg I've rated was 23.4 mpg and that is keeping it under or about 2000 rpms.

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
First off, Welcome to the site. We'd love to see some pics of your ride.

I currently have 22" sittin on 35"
What exactly does that mean? You have a 35" Overall diameter tire or you have a 35 series tires? What is your exact tire size?

I think you should be fine if you are running a 265/35/22 tire or something close. That is the tire size I am planning on running and I plan to put air ride on my Magnum.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry it's the series, but my rims are pretty wide and stick out somewhat past the fender wall

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
Then you may have some problems with rubbing if they stick out at all. I've got the eibach Pro-kit on my car and haven't yet rubbed a fender, knock on wood. If the wheels fit correctly you shouldn't have issues.

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
1sickpuppy said:
sorry it's the series, but my rims are pretty wide and stick out somewhat past the fender wall
What is the width and offset of the wheels your are running?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry guys been pretty too busy lately to get on the computer, anyways Steve my wheels are 22x 9.5, the wheels alone have a 3 inch lip not sure about the offset and if you are looking into getting some headers shorty's are smog legal in Cal long tubes are not, neither are mid pipes. they don't make a high flow cat yet for this vehicle to my knowledge.

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
Check with the sites' supporting vendors for the high flow cats. I know that High Horse Performance has them listed on their site for $459.99.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Check the off set

1sickpuppy said:
I will say that you need to check the off set of the rim. When I got my first set of wheels for my white awd, the tires stuck out from the body. It looked like a remote control car. If you like it that is cool. But if you change the off set of the rim, it will solve that problem. The lowering kit is good, and I will say that it is a very smooth ride. Just a little noisey from the tire. For the reason that there is not a lot of tread. Ground Fource Lowering kit is GREAT. Kris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts