Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Saturday night I took the Mag out to hit up a car cruise this guy told me about while I was on the Power Tour. As soon as I got on the highway I attempted to get into the middle lane and when I hit the throttle the car bogged down right when it hit 4000rpm. It acted like I hit the rev limiter. It cruised fine at any speed, but every time I hit the gas and got up to 4k, it did this. I have NEVER had any mechanical prbs with my car, it's been well maintained. So, when we get to were the cruise was supposed to be...there was nothing! lol. I had my dates wrong. But, we stopped at Culvers and ate, then headed back home. I did a code check and got nothing so when I got on the highway again I hit the throttle and everything was just fine. I got past 4k with no prbs. The only thing I could think of is that my gas is getting stale? It's under 1/8th tank and the last fillup I used 93 oct. Wait, it can't be stale gas. I drove the car 420 miles on its last outing. So, any thoughts?

·
your my boy blue...
5,221 Posts
my car started doing exactly that when the EGR valve was on its way out, did it sometimes for a few weeks, then constantly, and finally the CEL came on..beleive it was p0406 or p0456..it drove me crazy untill the CEL came on to diagnose it..

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can just remove the EGR without any issues right? I know there are two plates or plugs needed to do that, but haven't added that to my list of things I need yet.

·
your my boy blue...
5,221 Posts
i have the 2.7 completely different beast, or should i say cub, lol..but yeah for the 5.7 i beleive u can do an egr delete..how im not exactly sure off..i had to have mines replaced...

·
Video Game Modder
2,609 Posts
Check plug wires....I am running the Taylor shorties and had 1 of the retaining rings inside the connector come loose and the plug on the coil pack side came off the coil pack.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am running the same wires, thanks! Those wires didn't even feel like they were connected with the plug when I switched them, but everything went fine after so I just figured they were. I'll check that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts