Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting a little plastic surgery on my 2006 mag.

I want to either go with the 300 front end, which i know is possible and I hear pretty simple. But I also was looking into the 08 Magnum design.

How much modding would be required to get the 08 front end? I seen some 08 bumpers on here for sale and I was thinking about getting them if its not that much work. I suppose I would need a new hood also?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
for the 08 you will need fenders, hood, headlights, radiator support core and grilles , same as doing a 300. If you are going to do an 08 It would be killer to do an srt8 since there are very few of those around.

·
Premium Member
14,795 Posts
^what he said. there is really no more work involved in one swap or the other, they both require the same parts to be changed out. Only advantage to the 300 swap, is that the parts are EVERYWHERE, so easy to come by. not many of the 08's laying around.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NC-SXT... yeah thats what I was thinking... Ive been looking around I cant find any srt8 parts. I would hate to go to the dealership home of the overprice... lol

Thanks for the response... I got some research to do on these parts. for the last year I opened a savings with a 1 year lock. I just got access to it today. Just bought some new rims, and plan on getting the new front.

Do you know of any sites that sell these parts. quality parts?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^what he said. there is really no more work involved in one swap or the other, they both require the same parts to be changed out. Only advantage to the 300 swap, is that the parts are EVERYWHERE, so easy to come by. not many of the 08's laying around.
exactly... i think ima have an easy day at work tomorrow and browse online all day for these parts.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont believe in swapping front ends. leave it all stock and keep rolling lol
This comes from MR FULL 300 SWAP INSIDE AND OUT lol Im tryna get on your level... I was on the interstate and a little honda ran over a shreded tire it flew up and over their car and smashed my front bumper knocked my grill out and dented my bumper... so might as well start new since i gotta get a new one anyway...

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
If you are going to do an 08 It would be killer to do an srt8 since there are very few of those around.
I agree. The 08 SRT front end is mean. So much better than the standard 08 and is priced reasonably.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Cant have mine lolz. I wanted that SRT-8 but had to comprimise cause of the family. On tha real cant find any aftermarket parts for 08s. Maybe i should have kept my 05' or got that 07' that they offered, shit it was 10G's cheaper????

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
Cant have mine lolz. I wanted that SRT-8 but had to comprimise cause of the family. On tha real cant find any aftermarket parts for 08s. Maybe i should have kept my 05' or got that 07' that they offered, shit it was 10G's cheaper????
Aftermarket parts are scarce for the 08s. That model was only made for 3 months or so, there wasn't much time for companies to get behind it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol... i feel ya... i really jus want the stock srt8 look maybe throw some halos in the stock headlights but thats it... but its hard to find original pieces forget the aftermarket parts... so heyy i got a solution how bout you give me your front then ill give you mine... then BOOM you have all the aftermarket parts you want... lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts