Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey y'all. Thanks for having me. I was hanging out over at Chargerforumz for a while, getting tech tips, participating in the discussion & what have you. They used to be kinda all inclusive, but seem to have gone Charger only in recent years, so I started looking around & found this lovely place. It looks affiliated, with it's identical high quality layout, and since it's dedicated to CUSTOM Magnums I already feel at home.

A little about me...uhmmm... First, I don't enjoy talking about myself, but I will give it a shot.
I love to build anything car related. I've been building for over 25 years, my life IS cars. (and caring for my grandfather) It takes me a lot longer to get jobs done than your average builder due to some health issues, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I purchased my baby from Fresno PD a little over 4 years ago. She is a 2007 Dodge Magnum Police Interceptor (I'm hoping that is the correct term, I've seen the "Interceptor" term used in places, but not everywhere) I have spent those 4 years turning her into what you see today, unfortunately I'm being forced to sell her. Any one of you could have probably done this job in 6 months, but again...health issues, caregiver etc... If I'm able to make it through this rough patch, I will certainly purchase another one someday.

I'm not sure what else to say other than I am extremely disappointed that I have to let my baby go, and the reasons I'm being forced to sell are difficult for me to talk about. I'm going to post in the marketplace now, and please...if you think my price is out of line, I'm open to the feedback. I see the admins & mods don't want price bashing, so that's not what I'm asking for, I just need some honest feedback, and maybe some guidance. Maybe the price s too low...I just don't know. The "used car market" is really weird right now.

Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for any guidance you are able to provide.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Hood
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light
Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car Vehicle Photograph

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Aw man, my posts are still top of the forum list? Dang. That's OK, probably just means y'all are either working on your cars, or out in the world enjoying them. I was thumbing through old photos & came across the original listing photos that show what she looked like in police trim, figured I'd post 'em. (especially since it's not a thread bump) Sure has come a long way... funny how we forget all the work that goes into 'em.

If I can somehow find a way to keep her, I will. That just doesn't seem like a possibility right now. I've regretted having to sell every car, but this one is going to sting. The dream was to build one someday & that dream was accomplished more, or less. Definitely regretting the low reserve price...oh well, we need the money, and the space too badly right now.

Oh, btw...we still have the spotlights & they have been clear coated. They also have those crazy expensive police issue LED bulbs installed too. If the listing goes well, we'll throw those in with the deal. Some love them, some hate them...OK, most hate them, so they came off the car & removable caps were fabricated to cover the holes.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light
Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle
Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Tire
Speedometer Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Gear shift
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Praise the Lowered!
3,190 Posts
I dig the car! I always likes the viper rep wheels.

These forums are pretty slow these days. A few years ago they were poppin' but now not so much. I spend a lot of time on LXForums.

The "Interceptor" term is from Ford (I had an Explorer when I was an active duty police officer). Those cars are interceptors. I don't think Dodge has a cool name like that, I can't remember.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dig the car!

These forums are pretty slow these days. A few years ago they were poppin' but now not so much. I spend a lot of time on LXForums.

The "Interceptor" term is from Ford (I had an Explorer when I was an active duty police officer). Those cars are interceptors. I don't think Dodge has a cool name like that, I can't remember.
Yeah, I noticed the reply counts are fairly low on all posts. That's unfortunate, it's a pretty cool forum.
Awesome, Thank you! I'll register for the LXForums right now & see how that goes.
I used to be part of the 61-62 Cadillac Owner's Group forum & it was extremely active. I guess model specific forums are a bit different...especially for newer cars. Younger builders probably prefer other forms of communication.

Dang. Yeah, I kinda figured as much. If the listing has to run again, the "Interceptor" phrasing will be removed. It DOES sound cool though, huh!? I have some literature on the car & seem to remember it saying interceptor, but I can't find it & am not too sure if that's where I saw it.
I bought a Crown Vic Interceptor for my grandfather like 14 years ago, he loved it...but then some joker merged into him on a freeway off-ramp. I recently found him a retired police Charger that he loves even more...I installed a dash cam in that one :ROFLMAO:

Thanks again for all your help & hopefully I can find a way to keep the Magnum. I would love to be an active member of this forum for a long time. I even have alerts going to my phone...that's something I rarely do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts