Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to upgrade the rather poor standard 2-pot front & 1-pot rear calipers on my '05 Magnum R/T.
Willwood do a lovely kit, but it's a bit over the top in both spec (6-pot front & 4-pot rear) and price (well over $5,000 for both axles!).

I suspect the SRT Brembo calipers are 4-pot front / 2-pot rear, so was wondering how hard it is to convert over to SRT brakes.
SRT's have 20" rims, whereas I only have 18", and I've heard rumours that the SRT caliper won't fit inside an 18" rim.

Also, how much of my hardware will be directly compatable with SRT discs and calipers?
Can I just swap the discs, calipers and caliper carrier brackets and be on my way, or do more parts need to be swapped?

Or does anyone know of a good aftermarket upgrade kit instead?

Thanks - D

·
Wheelman
475 Posts
You may want to check out TCE. They are a supporting vendor over on LXForums and they sell that Willwood kit for our cars much cheaper. For front and rear I think it is something like $3200-$3400 depending on the options you pick. Here is the link.

Or you can keep your eyes peeled here or on LXF as you will see an SRT Brembo kit pop up for sale every now and then. Just keep in mind you'll also need the front knuckles--not just the calipers. There is a good write-up on what you need here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts