Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are rumors that the magnum will be discontinued soon. What are your thoughts on this? Good or bad?

I think that the aftermarket will still be there since we share the same platform as the 300 and Charger. I also like that the Magnum is so rare and this will make it a little more of a collectors item in the future. What are your comments?

·
Registered
27 Posts
old school joe i think that would be good , thell be more rare not like the pt cruiser and vw there all over wherever you look there there, they have the same engine and drive train as the charger and chrysler 300 so the performance parts will still be made body parts might be more scarce but i think theyll hold there value better,joe

·
Registered
40 Posts
Magzero said:
I would actualy contemplate parking mine, it would be one hell of a collector
Are you meaning all magnums will be collectors or just the srt8's. I think the srt8's will be the ultimate collector if they discontinue the magnum .02

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Rumor, Rumor. There is no definitive answer as of yet from what I hear. Again, rumor...LOL.

One reason to kill production of the Magnum could be the introduction of the 07 Challenger that will compete against the 07 Camaro, which Chevy is trying hard to keep a secret that they will build a very close replica of the concept car they are now displaying at all the auto shows.

·
Registered
94 Posts
If they are introducing the Challenger, wouldn't it be more likely they would stop the Charger? Or do they expect the Caliber to replace the Magnum?

·
Registered
98 Posts
caliber is a P.o.S, I think it would be cool if they discountinued it. Caliber is not the magnum replacement. I think all models of the magnum would be collectable just the hemis more than others. Then the magnum would be as obscure as the nomads were and that means we all have bad ass collectable newer muscle cars. I was druelling over the fact that chevy was going to the nomad and then scrapped the idea, due to intrest. When Dodge released the mag I dreamed for about a year and owned ever since. It may be a station wagon but how many peeps do you all know that have station wagons that haul ass and look as good as ours do. Some people say that they arent musclecars, yeah well mustangs are and I can smoke everyone on the street with my stationwagon except the cobras. I dont have a whole lot of probs with anything else either. Bottom line let em discontinue them, then our cars will be sought after heirlooms(sp) for our kids. Its priceless when you get a chance to roll your kid up to a football game or wrestling meet and your kids friends are all like man your dad has a cool car, and your kid is just cheesing because he knows you put your heart and soul into it and he might just one day get to have it for him self. Parts are everywhere, so it wont be a big deal. Let em do it so I can say my car is worth 10,000 more than its worth. If I sold it as is now Id have to have about 42 to 45k(because I love it so much I would have to have every dime I have in it, including finance to turn around and buy one bigger and badder, if its disc. than thats just more I would have to have. So bring on the inflated collectable value of my car. Till then leave em sitting, and if you get took at the light, than you need to spend a bit more cash and make her stronger, I cant wait till my warranty is out so I can start doing more to it. So until next time, happy driving or flying whatever the case may be. Buddy

·
Registered
531 Posts
My daughter has already claimed my car. (At 10 years old.) Hemi or not I believe it's the car style itself that is going to be long lasting. Everyone knows that within a couple of years when warranties are all gone and folks are more free to do what they want with the power plants, the basic Hemi and standard engines are going to be a thing of the past. Of course we are talking if discontinuation takes place. I have heard that the Magnum is coming off the market as well and personally, I hope so.

I know this is a poor comparison without explanation so hang in until the end. A Magnum is like a Jeep. You can buy the basic model and change it to go in so many directions. This is what I like most about the body style of the Magnum. It comes with the chop top and from there on the customization posibilities are almost limitless. I love the car and will be rebuilding it many times before my end. At least that is the plan. I look around and can't think of another car I would rather have from the past or future (Concepts.)

81 K miles and my warranty time is coming to an end. Then comes the serious mods, paint and other things I've been wanting to do. My hope is to be able to start working on the car as pure project and show while driving something differant for work. If I had the cash I would buy another Magnum to have for work. However, if I did that I would just end up with two project cars. LOL - I'll figure something out,

Just my thoughts.

Regards,

Greg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, we all will have to wait and see if they decide to discontinue the Magnum. If that does happens, I definitely will love to say that I have the 2006 model of the magnum that was made. So lets wait and see what happens in the future.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mercury came out with the Marouder a few years back which was discontinued and now they are being used as police cars. There is talk of the Magnum becoming the next police car outfitted. they are going to use the SXT's with the optional Hemi upgrade. This was in Car and Driver, beleive it or not. But i have a feeling if they to discontinue them i beleive it will e to use as police vehicles. If anyone has watched "Fugitive Strike Force" on i think A&E it has a US Marshal unmarked black Magnum RT they use. It was sweet to watch the Magnum being used and what a site with the Red and Blue flashers going. Just my thoughts...

·
Registered
531 Posts
I saw that show and have asked everyone if they have seen the show. They had several Magnums and some chargers. I thought the cars looked awesome but I hated to see some of them crash. I kept thinking, if I could only get one of those crashed cars, I could do some cool things and keep my car in service while doing the work. lol

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
The less of them on the road ..... the better. Only the cool peeps should have them anyway. Ha! This ain't no run of the mill PT cruiser. Never has been, never will be. If discountinued, all of the models should hold their value well, with the R/T and SRT8 being at the top of the "collectors" list. Go for it Dodge! Make my day!
He e' nalu

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Good point catz. Just three words should do it. "Chal - len - ger". It's the only other car out there that will have enough "cool" to replace our beloved Mags.
He e' nalu

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree with all of you..... the mag is a bitchn ride and will be a collectable with time. no other car out there comes close to the style the 'wagon' has. Sh..! my old man had a wagon with a 440 .... damn thing kicked some serious bootie in its time..... blue with fake wood sticker on the side... that car rocked... give it time and the mag will be one hell of a collectable. I think that the 300 and the charger are a little too 'mommy' looking for me... I think that the mag is a serious 'daddy' wagon... take care all and burn that rubber.........just don't blow a head....lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts