Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do! It's kinda overwhelming. I need to stop, but I can't. I tend to take things a part and modify them. Or I will attempt to build something that I've always thought would be a cool project. Sometimes I'll get into an art frenzy and start a piece. But, the problem with all of this is that I do it all at the same time. When I'm working on mods for the mag and have to wait on something, like paint or primer to dry, I'll go off and do another project. Before I know it, I'm knee deep into three things in my garage which makes everything go slower!

Example: I have been working on my cool little prop for car shows. It's in previous pics if you are curious to what I've been making. While working on that, I decided to buy another radio bezel to mod. yep, I'm building another Ipad bezel! After cutting into that for a bit I stopped to work on my prosthetic that I've been slowly making for myself. I just can't justify the cost of mobility equipment so I'm making my own shit from now on! After I sanded my positive mold smooth I put that aside and started working on my old wheelchair that I'm going to sell. So...I have car parts and mods all over the place, I have medical stuff scattered everywhere. And a pile of plastic shavings and white dust from the plaster mold all over the floor! lol.

Last night I was working on my front casters to my chair and wanted to swap the forks out to a different set I have. The bearings were a wrong size so instead of looking online for the right ones, I decided to grind out the tube a bit. I got one done and after starting on the second, I ended up destroying one of the bearings! I was putting it in the tube and instead of grinding it out some more, I hit it a few times and got it stuck. So I had no choice but to beat it out which broke it. Not a big deal, I just gotta wait now and look for the correct size online or somehwere. So...while I was doing this I got the itch to get creative and take some photos. I ended up spending the rest of the night capturing shots of the sparks I was creating while grinding with my dremel tool. Man, I need to just stop now! Am I just a wierdo? Wait, don't answer that, I know I am but proud of that. I just wondered if anyone else gets themselves into the same crap as I tend to. Tisha is amazed on how many things I will be working on when she comes down to check on me.

As for those photos...I haven't looked at them yet on my pc. But they were fun to take. So when I get home tonight I'll upload. And I'll take some pics of what my garage currently looks like for a good laugh. Oh! And to top it off....my daily driver, the Lincoln, has two new prbs that i'll soon address and add to the mix. When I unlock the car, the driver side mirror starts to move and point down, but doesn't go back up! lol...possesssed? And, my brake lights quit working! I HATE following electrical problems. My weekend will be full of good how-to's I think!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I'm always picking up new hobbies, and it makes it real hard to get anything done. I started some fiberglassing, and then moved onto some more audio, and now my interior looks like ass, because im trying to fit photo shoots in to my day along with mods, and still going out and hitting some golf balls or going out on the bike, or going for a skate, or even just gaming. Everyday is just action packed. I get one day off a week, and i feels like i waste it just thinking about what to do lol. I feel your pain

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,568 Posts
Strange thing for me IS, I never seem to have enough time to do all the things I'd like to do AND being disabled and NOT having to go to work seems like I'd have some FREE time.... but....

The SIX magnums keep me pretty busy just by themselves. Because we have been laying laminate flooring in our mobile home for the past week we have been using Tee's Scion XB to run around and get things we needed. Neither of us have even had the chance to drive any of the magnums in about 10 days now.

Since we got the Magnums, I NEVER ride my motorcycle anymore; just start it up in the garage every so often. It's 1999 with about 5,000 miles ~ guess that's why most of our vehicles have lower mileage ~ just to many. I even have a 1984 Honda Interceptor 1000cc sitting way back in the garage for YEARS ~ still looks NEW.

Then it takes me a couple days to do all the yard work ~ I hate THAT!

Lately I've been getting the urge to get my 1980 Pro Street Malibu running again. Don't even have 1000 miles on it since it's been built. Then there is the 95 Z28 Convertable sitting; Also our Custom show 98 Neon GT... then there are our two caddys....

Geesh...... YOU got me thinkin'.................(Man, I need some HELP!)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Having 3 kids all girls 11, 10 , and 5 . The 10 year old has downs sooo im pretty lucky if I get time to work on my car after work. Guess my kids are my hobby , but I do a little computer gaming here and there so I cant complain.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ditto on the kids. Time alone...whats that? lol
I love doing mods to the Magnum but feel like it takes time away from the kids. I started building WWII bombers, I have a few unfinished. Then my daughter wanted to start bike riding and I wasnt gonna just ride any old bike. Here is a pic of my project, bike, actually finished, which is rare for me. Mia on bike.jpg

·
Registered
373 Posts
That bike is a little close to that car :p lol Sweet looking ride

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I got the bearings in finally. I had to grind this post down a bit. So it turned out to be a fun photo opportunity. Tonight I actually finished a project! HAHA.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well, i would be than happy to receive a donation of an 84 interceptor to free up some space. :) Nice rides all in all.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OMG. I'm getting another aquarium now! My gf's younger sister living at home has a fish that is in a small coffin tank dying a slow death. It's a Red Devil and that happens to be my favorite type of Cichlid. So...I'm picking up on yet another hobby of mine.

Is this how the old men the guys go see from the show American Pickers get to be?

·
Video Game Modder
2,609 Posts
I don't have too many hobbies, but 1 of them takes up a lot of time.....and I get paid to do it too. I make curling ice for 1 local curling rink (been there for 7 years now and I am only 21, almost 22), and will find out soon if I will get the job at a 2nd. If I get the job at the 2nd, my monthly income will go from $2k (take-home pay) to $4k (take-home pay) from Sept. to March :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts