Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

MaTTE BLACK or FLAT BLACK PAINT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  waldo 
#1 · (Edited)
MaTTE BLACK or FLAT BLACK PAINT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANY BOdy with a custom magnum that is fully painted satin black paint Matte BlACK OR flat black!!!!!! Please post pictures. Also called you give an honest review of the way your Magnum looks!!!! Also could you post the type of paint you used or the paint#!!!!!!

How Much did it cost to get the matte black or flat black paint job and where did you get it done?

Is there a clear coat that goes over the flat black?

Man I went to MAcco in December of 2011 and got the $1000 paint job. It was not a good paint job. I have the factory black paint and after it was repainted the same color, there were swirls and an extreme organge pill look to it. When my car is freshly washed, it is a work of art. But after a few days it looks like shit. I really one to repaint the car matte black or flat black .

Please help me out brothers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See less See more
#6 ·
Look into using a 2 stage paint that uses a matte clear coat. I hear it's easier to take care of.

#8 ·
your ride would look sick matte black!! wish i could afford to do it to mine! dont know if you know this or not but you can peel the logos off of the light covers. ive done it on my headlight covers. they come off and make it look more like tint or paint. you might have already done this but i thought i would pass along the info.

#12 ·
If the real problem is the orange peel and swirls, have a go at colour sanding the car, providing there's sufficient paint on the car, that'll usually take care of the problem. Done right, colour sanding can make a car look as though it's molded out of glass. Just be really careful along edges and body lines, the paint is thinnest there and it's easy to burn through it. I fact, I don't even use a buffer on those areas, I do them all by hand... it's worth the extra time it takes.

If you're after the satin look, stop after sanding, don't buff it... that'll give you a pretty good idea of what the car will look like. Have a paint shop squirt a coat of satin clear over it and be done...

Personally, I'd go for the high gloss look, the lines on a Magnum really set a glossy, black paint job off...

Whatever you decide, good luck. Either way, it's gonna turn out good lookin'

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.