Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great forum!
I recently switched from a 98 Subaru Legacy (freak'n awesome car) to the 05 AWD SXT (very impressed with it).
Now with the ESP off I CAN'T go over 50 miles per hour. Is that normal? I can go 100 miles with esp on though.
I've never had a car with ESP/traction control that's why I am confused.

Thanks,

·
Rollin in the Mag
5,350 Posts
I am not positive, but I'm going to say no, that is not normal. I've never tried it. But lots of people leave that off all the time. AND, it's not completely off, only partially. Only the SRT cars when you turn it off, its completely off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not positive, but I'm going to say no, that is not normal. I've never tried it. But lots of people leave that off all the time. AND, it's not completely off, only partially. Only the SRT cars when you turn it off, its completely off.
Helpful info. Thanks though. By the way, I forgot to mention that the esp will keep flickering and the gas pedal can go to metal as long as I am trying to increase the speed over 50 with the esp turned off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured it out. I can accelerate slowly with the ESP off and I can reach 80+ miles/hr; however, I can't slam the gas pedal and accelerate in a racing mode after hitting 50 miles/hour. thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Top speed is top speed, makes no difference if ESP is on or off.........................

BTW, I have the No-ESP mod on my car, I can turn it off 100%.

Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
is the no esp the same as it is on the chargers? where you remove your center console and remove the plug from the esp module?

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
is the no esp the same as it is on the chargers? where you remove your center console and remove the plug from the esp module?

NO NO

The no-esp is an electronic mod made and sold by a member at LXforums, it is wired in behind the dash.

It is for any LX car.

Bob

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The problem was so simple. The rear tires were not identical. One of them was 1 size bigger than the other. The car is awd so ot wasn't understanding what was going on since as we know bigger tires are faster than smaller one. Stupid me. I chanbged all tires long time ago and no issues since then

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.