Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the little chrome trim or whatever on the front driver and passenger side cause i was short on time so i'm finishing the rear two tomorrow
is it ok? I don't feel good or bad about it, i guess it just fits my color scheme better (gonna be dipping other stuffs soon)

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
thank good i just did my windows ... did you leave them like that or clear coat it ? here a pic of my windows......

one side .... OLD lol

after .... other side

closer.......

·
Registered
373 Posts
I think I like it

·
your my boy blue...
5,221 Posts
doesnt look bad but u will start to hate plasti dip soon enough, when it heats up, from the sun it gets tacky/sticky, dust,pollen, etc will stick to it, and as u attemp to wipe it off, it rubs of the plasti dip because the towel u are rubbing the dust etc off with , will stick to the plasti dip also..

·
Registered
545 Posts
doesnt look bad but u will start to hate plasti dip soon enough, when it heats up, from the sun it gets tacky/sticky, dust,pollen, etc will stick to it, and as u attemp to wipe it off, it rubs of the plasti dip because the towel u are rubbing the dust etc off with , will stick to the plasti dip also..
I never had this issue. I did both of my mirrors, the window sills and triangles and B pillar. No issues and it is has been...6+ months?

As far as this thread, I like the front bumper, but not the side molding. If you clear coat it, maybe, but I think it looks like an unfinished replacement part currently. Nice experiment though! Maybe it will have a better finish once you are done. Best of luck

·
your my boy blue...
5,221 Posts
I never had this issue. I did both of my mirrors, the window sills and triangles and B pillar. No issues and it is has been...6+ months?

As far as this thread, I like the front bumper, but not the side molding. If you clear coat it, maybe, but I think it looks like an unfinished replacement part currently. Nice experiment though! Maybe it will have a better finish once you are done. Best of luck
i guess it hit or miss then, it didnt even last 3 months for me, decided to just wrap all those parts recently, and i know a few others who said it gets sticky also..

either way good luck..:beerchug:

·
Registered
212 Posts
well im down south and its hot ass hell down here and it is a lil sticky but not to bad but that is why i ask if he tried to clear coat it . i didnt but so far its been ok .

·
SpaceCity LX
662 Posts
DO NOT CLEAR COAT PD! it will become brittle and harder to remove when you go to remove it later. They have a glossifier they will make it look glossy and like it has a clear coat...the more more coats the glossier

Tapatalk sent me

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I dig it. I think it is a nice contrast. I have had PD on my ride on some areas for well over 6 months with no issues. No sticky, no dust. I guess it depends on the location. I am in NC.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts