Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I didn't think about this until after I bought it, but my magnum has a luggage rack on the top. Anybody know how hard it is to remove and if it will leaves holes in the roof? Also, if any of you that have taken the badges off of you magnum and want to sell them, let me know.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I WANTED A SUNROOF IN MY MAG BUT THEY ONLY HAD IT WITH THE RACK I HAD TO SAY NO. I SAW 1 THAT HAD IT REMOVED AND THEN THEY PUT A FULL GLASS TOP IN THAT WAS COOL

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you take it off there will most likely be holes. Just get some rubber plugs, thats what my friend did when he took off his wing on his car. Never leaked water either.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
There are studs that mount from the bottom of the roof support threw the roof sheetmetal. I had mine removed and it was like $525(good ol boy discount) I think when grinner did his it was over $800. What every they do make sure that they weld the holes shut. DO NOT USE just filler, it will shrink and/or crack. Here is a pic of the studs, you can see that there was rust already forming at the base of the stud and the car was only bought for about 6 months.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Holy cow! Am I glad I didn't get a factory roof rack on my R/T. 800 bucks for 4 little holes? Wow! I opted for a removable sports rack for my surfboards.

FYRFYTR ...... send me your name/address and, I will send you the badging I took off of my Mag. It shouldn't cost more than a buck for postage. I will be removing the R/T on the rear hatch along with the "magnum" and "rams head logo" that have already been removed if you want that too. [replacing the R/T logo with a Charger Daytona red and silver badge. It looks more "old school" to me.]
L8R
He e' nalu

·
Registered
320 Posts
still one of my favorute mods... shaving the roof rack. I'd do it again.
cost me a grand and two weeks of time because they had to do it twice. The dudes who shaved my sirius antenna had to do it twice too so my roof now has at least 5 coats of paint on it.
nice.

·
I don't like change!!!
2,609 Posts
There are 8 bolts up there (2 at each corner) and I'm debating just chroming the longitudinal bars. I removed the cross bars about 2 weeks after I got the Mag.

·
Premium Member
11,940 Posts
Holy cow! Am I glad I didn't get a factory roof rack on my R/T. 800 bucks for 4 little holes? Wow! I opted for a removable sports rack for my surfboards.

FYRFYTR ...... send me your name/address and, I will send you the badging I took off of my Mag. It shouldn't cost more than a buck for postage. I will be removing the R/T on the rear hatch along with the "magnum" and "rams head logo" that have already been removed if you want that too. [replacing the R/T logo with a Charger Daytona red and silver badge. It looks more "old school" to me.]
L8R
He e' nalu
What brand is the roof rack for your surf board? I know, I live in Utah and where am I gunna surf? I like to have options for when I go to shows. I have always wanted to do a beach theme for a show. :trink13:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got my o7 magnum and didn't know they had roof racks until I saw one and OMG it makes the car look like a station wagon not a lean sleek kruzzer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts