Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about out of tread on my stock 225/60/18s, and was about to pull the trigger on upsizing to 255/55/18s, but I'm really drawn to the 20" wheel size. I a perfect world, I'd get the stock 18" wheels in a 20" size and recreate the concept car (well, except in blue instead of gray). Since that doesn't seem to be an option, I'm starting to gravitate towards the challenger SRT wheels. The pics I've found in this forum make them look good.

That was all until I saw this:
Mooneyes Online Store - Specialty Equipment Manufacturer, Speed and Custom Parts for Motorcycles and Automobiles

with a blue magnum front and center. That look has been in the back of my mind ever since I saw that unjustly-snubbed-by-the-academy-awards cinematic masterpiece Cobra.

Has anybody tried this? I haven't yet run across documentation that shows how the fasteners would work, and at $125 a pop, I'd *hate* to see one fly off the car :).

Thanks,

JLW

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dang! I showed the mooneyes picture to the wife, and her instant reaction was "I don't like it", so I was trending back to the challenger rims, until I saw the photo above! I have to say - I'm really liking it! Any idea if they are attached to aluminum wheels underneath? If I could put them on my 18" wheels, and get RWL 255/55s, I'd be set (until the wife came in with the kibosh ...)

Thanks,

JLW

·
Registered
175 Posts
Love the look, old school for sure !!!

·
keep calm? IT'S GOT A HEMI!
8,394 Posts
I'm 50/50 on the look. I have been looking for some 18 inch Chrome reverse wheels with baby moons with a set of wide white walls... then do the whole car flat black... old school rat look.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
I like the center-lines - but I'm old enough to remember them in my youth.

·
Premium Member
3,160 Posts
The standard Moon disks are Okay, but the "Saturn" version are much cooler... the bullet gives them a lot more dimension. Definitely a unique look...

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,574 Posts
MAN, I love the look of these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
They are both interesting, but not my style.. BUT that is why we have so many choices, cause everyone likes something different:)

·
Premium Member
3,160 Posts
Or the real deal. Centerline California Smoothies

Tires are a bit too small though.
I've been tryin' to visualize those CL wheels on a Magnum... I like them, a lot! Besides, look like cleaning them is about as easy as it can get... (lol)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'd like the Moon Disk look. But only if the ride was dropped more. Kind of a Salt Flats speed car look. Would look really sweet with the badges and door handles shaved which I generally don't like on these cars.

Mike

1 - 19 of 19 Posts