Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all having more issues with the maggie. Dont have any clue what the issue is but my lights are out on my dash. Plus the airbag light is on and my ac controls do not work. Checked every single fuse i could and couldbt find one blown. Checked wiring and not getting voltage through harnesses. Does anybody have any ideas??

·
Meet Celeste
4,660 Posts
Wow small world...my airbag light went on yesterday too. Hope someone one here knows the issue.

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,571 Posts
Ouch; I really hate that for you and hope you getter' figured out!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man i think yesterday was airbag light day. My uncle is having an issue with his too. Its weird cause most of the dash is out. The gauges work but the lights are out. Looks like ima have to go to the stealership.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They'll probably try to replace your cluster. If they do, save yourself some money and buy it yourself off ebay. A bit longer wait but it's worth the couple hundred you'll save over their price.
Thanks man. I dont know what im in for. Ill keep you all updated.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Wow small world...my airbag light went on yesterday too. Hope someone one here knows the issue.
Which air bag light? The one on the center console (passenger) or the one in the dash gauges (driver). If it's the drivers bag, it's probably because of the steering column module connector harness being too short. This was an issue on '05s that was corrected in '06. Because the harness was too short, repeated movement of the steering column cause the connection to the clock spring to loosen up. When that gets loose, the connection to the air bag is broken and the light goes on (air bag is inoperable when light is on). Steering column module connector and harness needs to be replaced. I had this issue several years ago. Dealer first replaced the clock spring because the star scan tool sited the clockspring as being faulty. It wasn't the clockspring, but the connection as mentioned above. Below is the work order for the problem.

If your issue is the gauge cluster light and you need more information on it, let me know.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its the one in the dash gauges. Its crazy cause I do remember moving the steering wheel. Plus I rarely move it. But would that also cause me to lose my dash lights and interior lights too?

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Its the one in the dash gauges. Its crazy cause I do remember moving the steering wheel. Plus I rarely move it. But would that also cause me to lose my dash lights and interior lights too?
I don't think so. That info was more for ghost, sorry.

For you, I'd start with checking ANY work you've done to your cars wiring including lighting, stereo, anything you've done to your interior, etc.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts