Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for simple upgrades for better mpg. Its a v8 so im not looking for huge gains just a little at a time.

Opinions on:
Programmers?
TB spacers?
Plugs?
other?

I have CAI and flowmaster.

I have changed my driving habits, but didnt work. 5.7 doesnt like to lug. It likes to move. In the past i got 26mpg from 4.0 jeep by keep rpm below 2000. In the Mag, mileage got worse.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
As far as programmers.....Diablosport has several options that provide a wide range of adjustments. They are the programmer of choice for the new generation Hemi. From mild (stock) to wild, (heavily modded) They have you covered. Choose from the Predator U7135, Intune I-1000 or the Trinity T-1000

Check the Predator capabilities here - Diablosport Predator

Diablosport web site - DiabloSport :: Gas and Diesel Tuning Systems

Throttle body spacers - SAVE YOUR MONEY!

Plugs - On a stock or mildly modded 5.7 Hemi, the OEM copper Champion plugs are sufficient.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
dont forget the oil catch can. itll save you money in the future by not gumming up your valves and lowering your octane level of your gas. also, if your looking to save on fuel your gonna want to keep the factory thermostat in. the 180's are cool and give you more power off the line when your up to operating temp but as the engine is still trying to get to that 200 degree mark whether your idling or cruising on the hwy at speed, your still burning more fuel than normal. my mpg's went from 33 mpg to 25 in my v6.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I have found that cruising at 103 kph (65 mph) is the SWEET spot for mpg. On full highway runs I have hit over 800 kms on a full tank (60L fill). Try and keep the rpms below 2500 when accelerating ( I know I know...it's hard to do :) ) and filling the tires to 24\25 psi has helped me as well.

EDIT: REALLY meant 34-35 psi for the tires. :)

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,568 Posts
That's way low for tire pressure. Did you mean 34/35?
^^^ True that; I run 35lbs in my 20" tires and 40lbs in my 22's. ^^^

My "everyday driver" 05 R/T with 148,000 miles still averages about 18.5 in town and I play a little. As far as trips, haven't really had this one on many but the two I did averaged around 23 MPG. I'm very happy with that.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Yep...typo on my part. :) 34 - 35 is what it SHOULD have read.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts