Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to replace my stock muffler with Magnaflow glass packs tomorrow.

my question is, should i delete the resonators as well?
i want the volume, but i dont want the drone at cruising speed like flowmasters produce. has anyone had any drone issues with mufflers only?

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Without resonators, you will have drone! Some mufflers will be worse than others.
You might consider leaving the resonators on and removing them later if they don't work out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
212 Posts
I been wanting to do the same and from what people say its best t o leave ur reso on unless you change them out with bobs pipes . I myself am thinking of taking out the suitcase with mufflers ( not sure which ones been told try the 44s flowmaster ) and leave the reso till i can buy bobs pipe for the back end . BTW which mag do u have ?
?

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
The resonators are the worse part of the stock exhaust!

I run 2 Flowmaster 40's with 2 small glass packs in the rear, great sound with no drone.

Bob

Click on photo for sound clip:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I too will be adding 14 inch Magnapacks here in the near future. There are two sizes I believe (4 in. and 6in round). The 6in is supposed to have little to no drone. Of all the research i've done on them, lots of people are very happy with them.

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,571 Posts
I have been wanting new mufflers on "BLUE" for the longest time but still thinking about it. I already have Blastin Bobs straight pipes and they sound a bit better. Years ago I had some mufflers with the best sound ever and was thinking about getting this type again. They are called "Purple Hornies" and are similar to Cherry Bombs, however the tone from them is so much lower and makes the car sound awesome. I finally found out that Auto Zone can get these for me.

·
Registered
397 Posts
i have a full slp loudmouth 1 kit on mine, only drone around 2000rpm but sounds mean as h3ll

·
Registered
374 Posts
best bet is try and see how u like it either way.. i set up a complete JBA n im thinking i shoulda gone with SLP LM1, drone either way but at least it sounds good.. the price you have to pay

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
had the mufflers installed 2 days ago. i can barely hear them at idle and are pretty quiet when driving slow. nice and throaty when accelerating and minimal drone around 1800 rpm, which im hardly ever at. i may add small resonators in the future if it gets annoying but for now it sounds just fine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You went with the Magnapacks or glass packs? If you got Magnapacks, what size did you get? I'm getting ready to order some 4 inch round 14 inch long Magnapacks some time this following week after my birthday.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
magnaflow glass packs. they are the 22 inch size. i got as close as i could to the oem muffler length for ease of install. they were only $32/each

·
Registered
492 Posts
I basically have the same question except my exhaust is a loudmout 1 for an r/t 05....does anyone know if i should delete the reso on that type exhaust or keep it

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 21 Posts