Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me out here....My horn, wipers, side mirrors, high beams and turn signals aren't working:S...someone help me out here!!

·
Being kept down by the man
7,782 Posts
Most of those are on the steering column. I think there is a plug near the base(close to floor). If that has come loose, that might cause some problems. If it's not that or the fuses, not sure what to tell you. I doubt it's a relay module because I don't think they would have run that many items through 1 relay. My BMW had a relay module go out, but it only ran the wipers, nothing else. Hope you get it fixed up. Good luck.

·
I don't like change!!!
2,609 Posts
Same thing happened to my friend's 300C last winter. Car was dead for 2 days in Minnesota cold. We replaced his battery with a new factory battery and NOTHING worked although the car still drove.
Took it to the dealership (bad idea) and 30seconds & $96 later they found out we had blown a fuse in the trunk.
Check 'em closely!

·
Registered
525 Posts
There is two 30 amp fuses in the trunk you should take a look at.

If that doesn't work, are you pulling any codes on the dash??

It also could be a SCM connector that could be going bad.

Take a look at the fuses first.

·
Registered
273 Posts
The module that controls the blinkers also controls the other stuff. It is the SCM. It was an issue with the 05's.

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
PM Sent CaribMagnum.

·
I ride like big boys do!
70 Posts
Hi ~

Please let me know what you find out.

I have the exact same problem.

My tail lights went out. My brother changed a fuse and light bulbs now everything has stopped working: the side mirrors, high beams, blinkers, horn and windshield wipers.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Had that problem with my 05. Took it to dealer, they pulled steering wheel and replaced module in column and everything was back to normal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good news

Had that problem with my 05. Took it to dealer, they pulled steering wheel and replaced module in column and everything was back to normal.
Just want ask you if the dealer showed you the bad module and if was a black round piece the has connectors on it

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
I had basically the same issue minus the horn and side mirrors. I ended up replacing the turn signal lever itself AND the front control module and still the problem persisted. Eventually I became angry enough to do the job right and I followed all the wires around. It turns out that the last time I removed the passenger taillight housing, I pulled a bit too hard and stretched the wires against a sharp metal edge along the rear bumper (not the rear bumper cover, but underneath it). After enough time and bumps, the wires began to fray and then contact one another, sending a lot of things controlled by the front control module haywire. I cut out and replaced the damaged wires and everything went back to normal. If you still think you need the front control module, I'll sell you the new one I had bought cheaper than you'd find it at the dealer, it's damn hard to find anywhere else except maybe a junk yard. To be completely honest though, it's probably not your issue.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Can anyone help me out here....My horn, wipers, side mirrors, high beams and turn signals aren't working:S...someone help me out here!!

I had the same problem and it turned out to be a simple 10 amp fuse in the rear fuse box. Drove me crazy I also found out that I had about 14 broken wires in the driver side door harness. It all started out with small stuff not working like the passenger side mirror, and then the driver side door lock, all of the windows stopped working and the last straw was the horn, high beams, wipers, cruise control, both mirrors, signals and so on. I started taking all kinds of stuff apart and that's how I found the broken wires. But ultimately, it was just a simple 10 amp fuse for the wipers, cruise control, horn, high beam lights, door mirrors and the signals. Take a closer look at your fuses.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My magnum the turn signal horn mirrors an high beam head light dont work hellp me please
I have a 2008 dodge charger 3.5 same problem I'm having in the owners manual 30 amp block fuse is wrong it says that fuse controls heated seats ,,, we don't have heated seats but when I checked it the fuse was blown when I switched fuses it worked I got everything back ,,,, mine was in the trunk no.5 30 amp fuse hope this helps

1 - 20 of 26 Posts