Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a record of my Magnum from right after I bought her til current & will go to completion. Since it seems we dont have just a board for rides/ post your rides/ builds/ etc... I'll just post it here. Plus, since just about everything will be modded, it'd be crazy to have 10 threads in 10 boards.

This build is also on LXForums.com under my HEMI Registry (#1338).

So, Lets get started !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Real Name
Matthew Drake (Dre) Ballew

Vehicle:
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T

Vehicle Color:
Metallic Grey (factory)

Pic of Original State (only side tint added):

-----------------------------------------------------
Factory Options:

Dual Climate, Heated Power Leather Seats, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Mirrors, 2way Sunroof, Power Adjustable Pedals, Sat. Radio, Digital Compass & Dianogstics Cluster, Dual Exhaust, other std R/T equip.

------------------------------------------------------
Pic of Current State:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First thing that had to go was the wheels. The factory 18's weren't gettin it. So, I opted for some 22x9 U2 Wheel 35S wheels w/ a +13mm offset. Tires are Sunny 255/30/22. These went on like a charm. No rub, lift or cutting required. No problems ever.
After a while of the tread wearing, the Sunnys did become noisey. Somewhat sounding like a bad wheel bearing. No more Sunnys for me..
Heres some pics before the drop kit, front windsheild tinted 50% as well >>>

Only Wheels & Windshield/ Side Windows Tinted:

ANGELINA JOLIE LIPS:

Needless to say, The Mag had to brought down to earth a lil. Waaaay too much gap between the tire & body.
Heres a few pics from the Eibach SportLine Lowering Kit Install, done by my homie & myself....

Eibach SportLine Lowering Kit (coils):

Front Strut Assembly (before):

Front Strut Coils Once Removed (compared to Eibach coil):

Front Strut Assembly (after):

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More pics of the Eibach SportLine Lowering Kit (coils) install:

Rear Coil Coming Out:

Rear Coils Compared:

Rear Eibach Coils In:

Rear Coils In (complete):

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Diggin' the stance!

......BTW - Who still uses dial-up? ;-P

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
During the install you'll be required to cut/ trim the bump stops. Below is the before & after pics of what it should look like.

Bump Stop (before):

Bump Stop (after):

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are a couple pics to compare the after looks of the Eibach SportLine Kit installed.

After Kit Installed:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The drop kit was cool. I got tons of compliments on the stance! But I'm a lowrider at heart so she had to come down some more!

We installed the airride in weekend. only took a couple days & no major tools. I ordered my kit from Kenny & Glenn @ 3gCustomz in GA, (vendors on here).
My kit consists of 2 VIAIR 480's, 1/2" Lines & Valves, 3/8" Dump Valves, UAS Airbags & LX-Brackets.
My tank is a 5gal. Stainless Steel that I ordered from AirBagIt.com.
My Air Management is the AutoPilot from EasyStreet.

Just Pulled the Mag In:

It Has Begun:

Lots of Wiring w/ the AutoPilot:

My Boi Wayne Working On The Wiring:

Front Bags In:

Rear Bags In:

Valves Hidden Behind Wheel Well:

Mag Back On The Ground w/ Bags On:

Mag Fresh Out Of Shop w/ Bags:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are a couple pics of the Mag bagged & laid out. She lays pretty nice...

Maggie Meet Earth --- Earth Meet Maggie:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
*Wheels in pics above are SOLD.

Heres a couple pics that I forgot to post above. One is my airtank which is a stainless 5gal- looks like chrome but you dont have to worry about rust. This is temporary until the subs go in. Still not bad looking for just throwing it in...lol.
The 2nd pic is my controller- the EasyStreet AutoPilot from AirLift.

STAINLESS AIRTANK (5gal):

EASYSTREET AUTOPILOT DIGITAL CONTROLLER:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok. So I didnt like the idea of the AutoPilot flopping around so I decided to have it fiberglassed into the radio/ AC bezel, along w/ my digital EQ controller.
This pic is from after glassing my dash bezel. I moved the seat heater switches up, added the air controller where the map pocket was, filled in the area for the aftermarket radio as needed & added my AudioControl DDC EQ Controller to the place where the ashtray went. This is one full piece & is only in primer. Came out very sexy! It'll be painted to match the car along w/ other interior pieces.

Fiberglassed Bezel:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now for some stereo goodies...
Heres a pic of my aftermarket radio installed. Fit really nice. I did bypass the CANBUS and kept the steering wheel controls (pics of that soon). The head unit is the Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD (awesome unit btw!).

PIONEER P4200DVD INSTALLED:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
For the rest of the system, I'll be going w/ 4 DC Audio LVL4 12's, 4 sets of Diamond Audio D6 Components in the front doors, dash speakers upgraded to Infinity Kappa 2ways, Soundigital 5,000w (6400w @ 14.4v) amp for subs & Soundigital 1,000w 4ch amp for mids/ highs. Processors include a AudioControl MATRIX & an AudioControl DQS w/ DDC Digital Remote Controller.
The door panels & speaker box will be fiberglassed as well & painted to match the car..

Front Door Panels Fiberglassed (raw):

Front Door Panels Fiberglassed (smoothed):

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Man, your mag is going through some serious changes....can't wait to see the finished project!! Lookin good so far!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Bypassing CANBUS

Like I stated earlier, during my stereo install I DID BYPASS the CANBUS. However, this is only possible if you're going to use aftermarket amps for everything, i.e. mids, highs & lows (if you're doing subs).
If you're going to retain the use of the factory amp for anything, this will be a great waste of time & money...

Now, if you've made your decision on what you're going to be going after in a system & this applies to you, look on...

The PAC modules you will need are: PAC SWI-CAN & PAC SWI-PS (to keep steering wheel controls)

This is the primary plug from the back of the factory deck that you'll be tapping into. Its the biggest of all the plugs. The other wires you will tap into the wiring harness that came w/ your specific radio. Consult your owners manual to match wires w/ the CANBUS Module's wires.

Primary CANBUS Plug:

Now, theres 2 wires that'll you'll tap into on this big plug. One's on the far left & ones on the far right. Look at the plug diagram that comes w/ the modules from PAC.

Plug Close-Up:

Now, you'll need to tap into a switched power source. The easiest is to tap into the cig lighter at the ashtray. Before doing this, if you havent already, move the lighter's fuse in the fuse box over one slot to move it from a constant power, to a switched power.

Lighter Power Wire Tapped:

The rest is a lil bit of programming which is detailed on the module's instructions. Just refer to those for that portion.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Man, your mag is going through some serious changes....can't wait to see the finished project!! Lookin good so far!
Yea Bro, its going thru some DRASTIC changes. Even right now its a totally different car. I'm working on bring you guys up to speed thru this thread. So you'll see the details thru the good & bad to the end. I'm going kinda wild & sick w/ it. Its not a simple build lol

1 - 20 of 156 Posts