Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I think I have a serious problem with my 05 magnum r/t.
yesterday it drove just fine then I let my buddy drive it and he went to the bank, it drove just fine until he tried to start it again and all of a sudden it will not run.
Idles horribly bad and only stays running if full throttle around 3500 rpms as soon as I let off dies.
engine code is p0300 multiple misfires.
i pulled all plugs and they all look fine except number 4 cylinder that looked like it got smashed or dropped and had a little oil on them.
i don't really have much engine knowledge to start taking stuff apart.
can somebody help please?
Rich

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
If a spark plug is damaged, it can cause multiple misfires. Replace the plugs at a minimum. The wires should be ok if they aren't damaged.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has 85,000 miles build date is 01-05 had its last tune up at 62,000 so it should be that bad
Rich

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
It has 85,000 miles build date is 01-05 had its last tune up at 62,000 so it should be that bad
Rich
In the cylinder that had the damaged plug, how was the other plug?

Are there any other codes?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was cylinder number 4 and both plugs were the same looked like they were dropped on the electrode .
Re-gapped and put back in tried running it and pulled them the second time and they were fine.
Rich

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
They dont do that by themselves, you might have a dropped valve or something else. Time to take the head off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well taking the head off is beyond my skills I'm gonna have to take it somewhere for that
Rich

·
where's my airbrush??
14,795 Posts
Sounds like you need a good ole fashioned tune up. how many miles are on the Maggie.
Had this occur in my work vehicle and all it needed was a tune up which included new plugs and wires.
holy hell is that moe???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well it's off to the shop tomorrow.*
Anybody in the inland empire, So Cal area that can recommend a shop that won't rape me?
Any help would be appreciated!!!
thanks,
Rich

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Go over to LXForums.com and see if someone there can recommend a shop to you.

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,568 Posts
Best of luck on getting what ever the problem is repaired properly. Hope it's nothing serious.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Before taking the head off, do a pressure check. Go to Autozone or and automotive store that rents tools and do a pressure check. Ifthe pressure is low then take to the next level, a mechanic.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts