Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Magnum SXT base, Bilstien shocks, struts, cold air intake, Jet Stage 2 chip.
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, new to the forum, and I know this is YEARS late asking. I picked up my 07 Magnum SXT 3.5L a few years back, and am at the point of wanting to do a few things to it., one being a supercharger, but being 2022 Im finding there are no actual kits anymore, Powerdyne, Tidalwave and whiplash are no longer around, but Im sure I can still put something together, the main issue Im having is all the mounting hardware plates and brackets. I have sent emails to the companies that are still in business about any left over parts, I got pretty much the same answer from all. "we dont do that engine anymore". I dont want to do a engine swap, as it would be more then just swapping an engine, trans, wire harness, pcm, my car is setup right now for corning, and doing a engine/trans swap would force a change in the dynamics of the car, plus a used engine/trans not knowing anything about them, I would have to spend more money rebuilding both. just not worth it to me.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks ahead of time !

·
Praise the Lowered!
3,181 Posts
I once had a supercharged 3.5. You are right- there are no kits available. When I did my bracket for my Vortech I had a CNC file I gave to the machine shop. Problem is that file is on a corrupted hard drive, so it's lost. The best I can do for a bracket is two PDF files that have the bracket marked out, so you should be able to get the sizing correct. I'll have to find it.

·
Registered
2007 Magnum SXT base, Bilstien shocks, struts, cold air intake, Jet Stage 2 chip.
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I once had a supercharged 3.5. You are right- there are no kits available. When I did my bracket for my Vortech I had a CNC file I gave to the machine shop. Problem is that file is on a corrupted hard drive, so it's lost. The best I can do for a bracket is two PDF files that have the bracket marked out, so you should be able to get the sizing correct. I'll have to find it.
depending on how bad the drive is corrupted, and if you still have it. as long as the mechanical part of the drive is still working, I may be able to recover it. how large was is the drive? but if you have the files, i may could use them IF I can find shop to make the parts

·
Praise the Lowered!
3,181 Posts
It suffered from mechanical damage. The platters are separated from the heads. It’s fucked.

It has my entire photo block of about 4 years gone as well as my thousands of videos and photos from my time as a patrol cop. All gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what setup is that? Vortech? not see a setup quite like that one with the air pipe crossing over the engine like that.and looks like you had the eye brows from ebay lol . I have thought about those, but then figured I would just do an 07 charger front end instead. not something you see everyday. a magnum with a charger front end.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had some same color vinyl that was leftover from something else, so I just laid it on the headlights. I've used the ebay ones, they are (were) good quality. It's been over 10 years since Ive had them. I also used paint once and it turned out really good.
there is a guy on ebay that makes them to order, fiberglass, he has gone up in price and shipping over the past couple months. I have been reading that vinyl ones can cause the lights to crack, fiberglass ones, can be removed, but at your own risk, Paint, at least with that, you could decide how much of the light you want covered or not. which supercharger did you use? have one person telling me powerdyne, others saying they are problematic, use the vortex or Ripp. not sure yet which one Ill use, guess it will depend one which one I can find.

·
Praise the Lowered!
3,181 Posts
there is a guy on ebay that makes them to order, fiberglass, he has gone up in price and shipping over the past couple months. I have been reading that vinyl ones can cause the lights to crack, fiberglass ones, can be removed, but at your own risk, Paint, at least with that, you could decide how much of the light you want covered or not. which supercharger did you use? have one person telling me powerdyne, others saying they are problematic, use the vortex or Ripp. not sure yet which one Ill use, guess it will depend one which one I can find.

I had a Vortech in mine. I had to completely make the entire kit myself from info from the forums. I wish I had the CAD file for the bracket, so many people could use that.

I never had a real problem with vinyl, except it was a bit see-through when the lights were on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts