Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am swaping my v6 to a v8 and i am wondering if anyone can help me with the wiring portion. I need to know what extr wires have to added to the harness! Any info is good info !

·
Registered
65 Posts
Did you get any answers to your question anywhere? I think that there is more to it than adding wires. You will need another ecm specifically set up for a v8. I'm not familiar with Mopar, but with Gm, wiring for V8 was totally different from a v6, and the difference between say a throttle body fi on a V8 and a multiport v8 was totally different. I had an '87 Firebird T/A that came with a carburetor originally. A friend of mine and I changed it over to a 350 v8 from a 305 and changed the fuel system from a throttle body to a tune port. First we pulled out the engine harness completely, and I sold it with the carburetor to a guy in the Midwest that wanted to restore a carb. car. We had a harness for a throttle body engine and a tune port components. To make it work we changed the Throttle body harness over to tune port. Not one single wire in any plug was in the right location if I remember correctly! We had the harness spread over the garage floor, and had to remove every single pin out of every port in every plug and move them to the correct location. It was an 8 hour job to rewire the harness before we even began to install the harness in the car!

I don't know if changing a Mopar over from a v6 to v8 is as complicated or not.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am new here and just getting use to the way this forum is laid out. If you go back to this forum before selecting V8 or V6 and just scroll down there is a thread about a guy wanting to put a 5.7 into his 2.7 Magnum. Apparently there is a guy whose user name is nyinstaller who is recognized by many here as a programming & wiring guru. Why don't you send him a pm? He may be able to help you out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts