Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

Need some insight!

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  ATL 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, so I've had my r/t now for about 2.5 yrs. when I bought the car, it already had a short ram k&n intake and flowmasters exhaust. I'm finally at a point now where I can spend a little cash to boost performance. so I have a few questions if anybody here wld be able to answer for me. one of the first things I want to do is a diablo intune. is there a way to tell if my car has already been tuned by the previous owner bc of the intake and exhaust that was added? I've been told by some techs that if it hadn't been tuned, the car wld throw out a code. just not sure...the car hauls a$$ but sometimes I get a slow throttle reponse from the jump or especially when I go from reverse to D. Either way I know I've got to do some type of tuning bc I put 275's on the rears and 255's on the front and my speedometer registers 3-4mph slower than it really is. also, anybody have any good ideas for some nice relatively inexpensive mods? thx guys!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
is there a way to tell if my car has already been tuned by the previous owner bc of the intake and exhaust that was added?
Not without hooking a tuner up to it..

I've been told by some techs that if it hadn't been tuned, the car wld throw out a code.
Do not let the techs that told you that work on your car.. They're just wrong and if they're wrong about that, I'd hate to see what else they could be wrong about..

eGo

#4 ·
Not without hooking a tuner up to it..
Ahh ok cool.

Do not let the techs that told you that work on your car.. They're just wrong and if they're wrong about that, I'd hate to see what else they could be wrong about..

True...thx

#3 ·
Your car will not throw a code simply because it has a CAI and an exhaust. I wouldn't be concerned with whether the car is tuned or not. Buy the programmer you want, update it, try it on your car. If by some chance the car has been tuned, you can have the PCM programming set back to stock either by a dealer flash or by contacting Diablosport.

#5 ·
Also, I've got about $1k to play with. Any suggestions for bang for your buck?

#6 ·
Intune, and uhhhhhhhh... Yah.. :) lol Mods don't come cheap at least not after what you already have.. SRT style hood maybe?

#7 ·
I have a CAI and Flowmaster mufflers and never got any kind of code hehehe. Buy an Intune or a Trinity, it'll help you squeeze a little extra outta that setup. I haven't done any engine work beyond those mods, so i wouldn't know for sure. But i know you could put an Eibach Prokit and a sway bar on there for less than a grand. Lowering a Magnum about an inch or two always looks fantastic......there's a ton of superficial mods you could do with that cash. Fireman Bill would be able to help you spend it on performance, he's had a lot done to his car. Upgrading your braking system may not be a bad idea, better rotors and calipers. Making the car faster is fun, but you might need to stop it at some point haha, good luck!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#8 ·
I have a CAI and Flowmaster mufflers and never got any kind of code hehehe. Buy an Intune or a Trinity, it'll help you squeeze a little extra outta that setup. I haven't done any engine work beyond those mods, so i wouldn't know for sure. But i know you could put an Eibach Prokit and a sway bar on there for less than a grand. Lowering a Magnum about an inch or two always looks fantastic......there's a ton of superficial mods you could do with that cash. Fireman Bill would be able to help you spend it on performance, he's had a lot done to his car. Upgrading your braking system may not be a bad idea, better rotors and calipers. Making the car faster is fun, but you might need to stop it at some point haha, good luck!
All Good Ideas :)

#9 ·
Thx guys awesome ideas! I like the eibach pro kit set up. it def makes it have a super aggressive stance. I'm going to price that out and find someone reliable here in the Atlanta area to install for me. I also thought about getting some adapters to make the wheels and fenders flush.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.