Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently upgraded my FlashTech halos to the 14V version(no reg needed) So I tried to copy my wiring setup and this time utilize all the channels. The plan was: 1.lows,2.highs,3.fogs, 4.LEDstrips. Well, I managed to still have it where I don't need the remote evreytme(auto-on w/key) but I managed to cross all the channels where any channel will control them all and can actually do 2 effects at once. Kinda cool, but wasn't the plan. Here's a quick video of what it looked like.

SO, here's what it looked like powering the regulator w/o a relay. Only thing was I had the multi-function remote channel 1 feed the regulator which resulted in all halos controlled by 1 channel. I thought I would be able to figure out how to wire the new rings without fear of running 12V to them, but I wound up wiring them all together I guess. I wired each channel separate with a jumper wire trying to copy the old wiring and I think its just making a constant loop. Remote works, but not individually like I wanted. Is it possible to get them to work the way I want, on separate channels w/o a relay, or do I need the relay to make this work on all channels? I actually still have the same relay form last years attempt at this. Any help would be appreciated and sorry if i'm talking in circles, kinda like my wiring.

*the picture shows the wires coming in from the left is the switch, one side to the ground of the regulator other side is to the power grounds. The power is going to the regulator with the input of the remote together, and the grounds are joined. I tried to copy this design minus the regulator and need a re-design! Hard part is done I guess, I got all the rings separated how I want them, just not feeding them correctly.

·
Premium Member
10,449 Posts
LOL! Not again!!! J/K!

I remember the 3-5 hours we spent over the phone a couple of days the last time.
I remember my head was aching but I did enjoy the challenge and also getting to know you better.

Right now I'm at work and my head already hurts. LOL!
I think I remember from the last time that the biggest unknown variable and question was exactly how that control module worked.
You know I'm more than willing to help if I can. I would first suggest talking directly to the Flash Tech people and see if it is possible to do what you want.
If they say that their module will be able to accomodate your spec then it's on!

Try them first and let me know. I would love to assist you.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's a picture how it is now. No more regulator. But I think it was acting as some kind of switch, because now I noticed I can actually activate the remote while the switch is in either position, you just barely notice it, but you can see it trying to flash while they're on, flip the switch the other way, and its remote only. So, it's actually the same as I had it, turn the key on, they come on, switch it over and use the remote, but I gotta get this thing on separate channels! I wanna be like Skizza!!
Here's a shot of what it looks like now

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Remote box ground input, power ground and 1 side of the switch is joined on that quick connect. I tried to tie the halo grounds to that ground junction but it didn't help. The power is coming in and joining the control box and the positive on the halos. Then I made jumpers on each halo leg to go to the remote box, but I guess it's just all power going everywhere. Again, it's ok for now, still the same as I had it, but I figured I got the hard part of isolating the high beam rings, low beam rings and fog rings.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
August seems like a long way away... Ohhh wellll
Another thread to the boneyard!
:Flush:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts