Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Well seeing how it looks like the box is too small already....id say face it outwards to get some more space inside.... but im no expert.

· Registered
95 Posts
yes it really depends on the woofer and the enclosure. You need to know the min recommended air space for that subwoofer and see where yours is at. Also of you invert the sub you need to wire the polarity backwards unless your head unit has a reverse option in the subwoofer settings!

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for the reply.....i do have new photos of the inside and the sub does fit inside of it. also the enclosure is open behind the amp so there is extra air flow behind aswell.... Thanks for the tip about switching the wire polarity I didn't know about that

· Registered
4,232 Posts
I would suggest reverse mounting. Your usable airspace will be significantly reduced if you mount it traditional. From the looks of it I am guessing you have some fleece strecthing to do?
The reason being you need to reverse the polarity is because who the woofer works. On a traditional mount the normal travel (excursion of the cone) is to push out. Yes, the cone does travel in also. But to get the same affect, you must invert the polarity in order to have the proper excursion. Also, if you do a reverse mount on the subs, make sure your speaker ring has enough clearance so that your surround on the cone does not hit it. GL, Waiting on pics of finished product.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep just got done doing the stretching but unfortunately between school work and a wedding I'm going to on the east coast....(hopefully) Its going to be a week or so before the box gets done .... Check back soon to see the finished product

Production Photos here:

Facebook

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Yep just got done doing the stretching but unfortunately between school work and a wedding I'm going to on the east coast....(hopefully) Its going to be a week or so before the box gets done .... Check back soon to see the finished product

Production Photos here:

Facebook
where in the eastcoast are you heading to?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.