Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's time for me to tackle the suspension on the Magnum. It's at 84k and it sounds like 300k...lol

One issue, I'm a complete noob when it comes to suspension components, outside of springs/shocks/struts and coilovers I'm clueless!!!!

don't know what is what, what this or that is called...I tried looking through Rockauto for stuff but afraid of buying the wrong stuff.

This piece right here seems to be the culprit of my bottoming out sound with every change in elevation in the road. Piece has a TON of up and down travel that the passener side does not have.

This bushing here is completely shot!

IMO I'm ready to replace the whole damn front end...lol

I'm not afraid of doing the tasks on my own as the CM how to's are life savers!!!

Just need to know what parts I need, part numbers, sites, etc...
I don't drive the Mag, the wifey does and I'm tired of her complaints...lol.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!!

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
The first pic is of the inner tie rods. Looking at the inner tie rods, you'll notice the bellows. It's inside the bellows where the ball-in-socket joint is that goes bad. When either the ball or the socket wears, you'll get movement in the joint, causing as wobble and/or vibration when driving.

Diagram of the inner tie rod

The outer tie rod end is screwed onto the outside end of the inner tie rod. The ball joint on the tie rod can also go bad causing movement or vibrations.

The second pic is the tension strut that is more than likely causing the clunking sound.

Parts you'll need -

2 X inner tie rods - MOOG Part # EV80702
2 X outer tie rod ends - MOOG Part # ES3571

Tension struts -

P/N:CH5180606AB
P/N:CH5180607AB

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Check out Pedders Suspension web site....they have bushing kits for our cars.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check out Pedders Suspension web site....they have bushing kits for our cars.
yeah, I've been there, pending a huge allotment of money magically appearing that's a nogo in this situation. Though I would in reality love to get the whole kit they have.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
for what it's worth, I LOVE YOU FIREMAN!!!
you simplify my magnum life!

The first pic is of the inner tie rods. Looking at the inner tie rods, you'll notice the bellows. It's inside the bellows where the ball-in-socket joint is that goes bad. When either the ball or the socket wears, you'll get movement in the joint, causing as wobble and/or vibration when driving.

Diagram of the inner tie rod

The outer tie rod end is screwed onto the outside end of the inner tie rod. The ball joint on the tie rod can also go bad causing movement or vibrations.

The second pic is the tension strut that is more than likely causing the clunking sound.

Parts you'll need -

2 X inner tie rods - MOOG Part # EV80702
2 X outer tie rod ends - MOOG Part # ES3571

Tension struts -

P/N:CH5180606AB
P/N:CH5180607AB

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
yeah, I've been there, pending a huge allotment of money magically appearing that's a no go in this situation. Though I would in reality love to get the whole kit they have.
Yeah I know.....I keep forgetting to plant that money tree. lol I think you can get individual pieces also.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
fireman that would translate to Moog p/n RK620257 for the tension strut correct?
Yeah, make sure you get one of each L & R

#620257 - right side
&
#620258 - left side

1 - 8 of 8 Posts