Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need to see pictures of your aftermarket taillights & Grill(for 08)

I'm finally ready to order me some aftermarket tail lights from eBay. the led ones. I've attached two pictures of the ones I'm considering. if someone has link to other different ones, please share. I want them with black housing or dark looking ones. not the chrome or red looking ones.

If you have pics showing off your tails, please post. So I can get a general idea of how they will look on my mag. If you have a stone white mag, even better.

are these led taillights good quality? last a long time? the price is only around $125 or cheaper. free shipping. I've seen some exact same ones in eBay with price jacked up over $320..lol. Or if someone knows a good site that sells them for similar pricing, let me know.

I found a great installation video. its a white mag also.

I also saw that grill for a good price. anyone have an 08 with this one in it? I like the chrome trim around it. its not the T-Rex one but looks exactly the same but alot cheaper price.

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have ones similar to the second pair. Love them. Got them from a forum member over on LXForums. Check the "for sale" posts, you might get lucky like I did any save yourself some coin. Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do, thanks.

·
keep calm? IT'S GOT A HEMI!
8,394 Posts
I have a pair like the 1st only instead of black I went with smoked chrome.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a pair like the 1st only instead of black I went with smoked chrome.

I like them. have they been holding up well? how long have you had them? all L.E.D. still working? I like the first pair because they have those 3 slits on the side that light up. the other ones look good also. I've seen some mags with the other pair n they look good.

·
keep calm? IT'S GOT A HEMI!
8,394 Posts
Had them hmmm right at 3 years now and not a single problem. All leds work and they are bright as hell.

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,414 Posts
I've had these for 3 years with absolutely no problems. I like the newer style better but they're not tinted, that I don't like. I put in chrome turn signal bulbs and painted the outline. I still plan to put 2 coats of spray tint on em soon.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Are you dead set on led tails? There are tons of things you can do to stock lights as well.

·
Mod Gnome Wrangler
5,926 Posts
I've also got the "Eagle Eye", mine are in black because I liked the contrast between them with the Cool Vanilla. I've had them on for at least 4 years and everything still works just like new. I;ve head them in a number of different configurations -- stock, painted, and now tinted with VHT

I know I've got a more recent photo with the tails as they currently sit but be darned if I can find it

·
Registered
244 Posts
Here' mine. Not a close up pic but the only one I had. I love these tails. I bought/installed mine 3 years ago and I have never had a single problem with them. I tinted mine with VHT night shades as well.
7035462609_83926e44b2_b.jpg

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you dead set on led tails? There are tons of things you can do to stock lights as well.
Yeah, I love the look of led ones. I thought about just adding vht to my stock lights. I like the dark look with 2 strips left normal. I dint want to mess them up though. I know this would be the cheapest route though. I just want a different look. getting tired of looking at those red stock ones.

Anyone have a mag, especially white one with vht darkened tails? Pix

I've also got the "Eagle Eye", mine are in black because I liked the contrast between them with the Cool Vanilla. I've had them on for at least 4 years and everything still works just like new. I;ve head them in a number of different configurations -- stock, painted, and now tinted with VHT

I know I've got a more recent photo with the tails as they currently sit but be darned if I can find it

I love that painted look. is it legal to have them like that if all lights visible? I like the eagle eye ones.

Decisions, decisions..lol

·
Registered
373 Posts
I just bought the 2nd pair, just waiting for them to arrive. I did the tint on my factories but i really wanted the LEDs

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've had these for 3 years with absolutely no problems. I like the newer style better but they're not tinted, that I don't like. I put in chrome turn signal bulbs and painted the outline. I still plan to put 2 coats of spray tint on em soon.

I like how you painted the outline. any nighttime pix of what chrome bulb looks like vs. stock light?

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,568 Posts
I just recently bought TWO sets (One for Blue & one for Lucky) = ain't messing with my SRT ~LOL~

I got mine off Ebay for $73.99 each set shipped; however they only had them in RED - which was OK with me. They are much darker red that stockers and looked tinted to me. Oh... and I love 'em!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wow, thanks everyone. I'm really liking how those eagle eyes look with outline painted. Also the ones that Hazman has. Painting the outline looks the vest as it blends the light in. Did you just trace the outline with matching touchup pen or did you tape the whole thing off and spray it with matching mopar paint can? what's the best way to get the cleanest looking painted lines like you all have? All posters taillights look really good though. so there really is only 2-3 styles of led taillights? all the rest are just either clear or smoked version of those.

Has anyone ever switched out the lower 2 bulbs for an led plug in? you know like they have bulb replacements that are a cluster of LED that can plug in vs. normal bulb. So all 3 lights on taillights are LED.

·
Registered
571 Posts
My reverse lights are LED. I had a hard time with the turn signals switching to LEDs becuase I didn't have a resistor and it would blink real fast like it was burnt out. I just gave up and ended up using standard red bulbs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts