Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HTML:
hello all i have a 2.7 magnum se 4 speed and need a new engine was intrested in going to a 3.5 . Would i need to change the transmission also. Or couldnt i find a engine that could just be swapped?
Dont wanna get duped by this new mechanic.
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
671 Posts
You can use the 4 speed with the 3.5. Thats whats in mine. I think its the later model 3.5 that came with the 5 speed

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
You can use that trans, but I'm pretty sure there's gonna be alot more to it than just swapping the motor.

·
Registered
671 Posts
You can use that trans, but I'm pretty sure there's gonna be alot more to it than just swapping the motor.
Yea youre going to need a new pcm and probably motor mounts at least. Im not sure about rear diff, axles, or front suspension though.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
I did some looking around and found that the 2.7 and 3.5 share many of the same parts. The 3.5 should drop right in. There may be a few minor components to update or change but the PCM and wiring harness should work too. If both engines used the same transmission, tuning/programming may be all that's needed. I'm not someone to provide the details on this. The information is out there.

------Ross (greenking) may have more information on this.

·
Meet Celeste
4,659 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey!!! As you can already tell, you'll find whatever you need here. Be sure to post pics!!!

Hope the mod bug bites :haha:

Matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts