Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see they offer a computer chip to enhance HP on the Magnum RT (+20 HP). Will this REALLY make a noticeable difference or is it a scam? If not can the average smo like me tell the fifference between 340 HP and 360 HP?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Rufwon said:
I try to stay away from the "chip" type enhancements. There are some re-programmers, one being offered by SUPERCHIPS http://www.superchips.com/product.phtml?p=52&mmk=1240&msg=%2B

This is a great little mod to do!! Only 5.7's so far, but deems worthy by most who have made this purchase!
Who has the SuperChip they have not come out yet, still working on the final touches. As far as the ones on ebay have yet to come across anyone saying anything good about those. The JetChip on the other hand have both really good reviews and some bad ones SuperChips seem the way to go, but will have to wait and see really

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
paulynewyork said:
I see they offer a computer chip to enhance HP on the Magnum RT (+20 HP). Will this REALLY make a noticeable difference or is it a scam? If not can the average smo like me tell the fifference between 340 HP and 360 HP?
If it that thing on E-bay, all it is a resistor that uis put in the engine temp sensor to trick the computer to thinking that it is cooler that it really is. NOT a good idea, the computers are balanced for a reason.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have done both the Jet chip and the SC tuner. I would go witht he tuner in a heartbeat!! It is better as you can control many more items then you can with the chip... there is a cost difference, but it is worth it

·
Registered
94 Posts
Is the SC tuner out for the 3.5L V6? I saw a Jet Chip was out for it, and was looking into getting it. Why is the SC tuner so much better, and how does it work?

·
Registered
20 Posts
They only have it out for the 5.7 as of now. The tuner allows for higher shift points, changes the rev limiter, changes the timing, changes the way the shifter functions, changes the top speed and allows for tire size changes. i am sure there is more..but it's late and I am tired :)

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
The SC tuner number gains are not huge but the power is much more usable and the shift improvements and throttle response is awesome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Being this is a thread about CHIPS I'll ponder on in.

Okay being a newbie at this and as I have already started MODing Good News is I have a 3.5L SXT Bad news is I have 3.5L SXT Which equates to there is not much out there for the V6ers. I have already changed out to a Magnaflow Single CAT, adding the K&N CAI ( on backorder). I have been told that you really do not see increased horses even with the two MODs until you been reprogrammed. I have also heard that the CHIPS may not be the way to go since there is the possiblity of falling off ? Again the bad news is that there is still no programmers for the 3.5 yet. So other then the illusion and sound I have not gained anything ?

Any words of wisdom ?

·
Registered
344 Posts
i Have The 3.5 Also With The Airraid Intake Did My Own Exhaust And Have The Jet Stage 2 Chip Did Not Get To Much More Power Maybe Just A Little Bit But Not For The Money

·
Registered
162 Posts
Husker said:
They only have it out for the 5.7 as of now. The tuner allows for higher shift points, changes the rev limiter, changes the timing, changes the way the shifter functions, changes the top speed and allows for tire size changes. i am sure there is more..but it's late and I am tired :)
that is what im looking for because i dont really care for the shift points on my RT. it seems as if the computer cant kick gears down fast enuf for me or they are kink of sloppy. i must just be looking for the manual feel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts