Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, let me start by saying that I'm not a "stereo" guy. I was actually completely happy with my factory OEM 6-disc CD stereo. But, on a whim somebody talked me into getting something new so I purchased this: Buy Dodge Magnum DVD/GPS Navigation [W2508C]

Here's my problem. The stereo FITS exactly where the OEM did and fits perfectly. BUT because of the factory bezel, I won't be able to access the buttons above and below the knobs. So, do I...........

1) Try to carefully cut the stereo opening bigger so I can access the knobs? AND is this something that can be done carefully with exacto knives and a dremel without looking like complete dog poo poo?

2) Purchase the factory DVD/Navi bezel and purchase a fit kit to make it look factory? The problem here (And yes, this is my dumba** problem), is there is basically no information about this lovely stereo so I can't find the kit I would need for the navi bezel?

3) I know there is the option of junking this and buying a really cool top of the line $1200 name brand stereo, but that isn't gonna happen.

Oh, what have I gotten myself into!?!? Maybe this isn't why I haven't modded in over a year!??!! THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU PROS CAN PROVIDE!!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
i have the single din non nav unit, and i bought an after market double dinn nav unit, and i just cut my bezel to fit it. It was pretty easy

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
oh i body filled it and made it look nice. A long with the ear holes. Looks OEM now.

·
180 RWHP 201 trq
2,281 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts