Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys! So after a year of driving my mag with a bone stock exhaust i was really tired of it, not so much the fact it was droning on me, more the fact you couldn't even hear anything! But not any longer! So for the past 2 weeks I've been waiting for all the pieces I've needed to come in, my blastin bobs 14db Dual conversion kit, i chose to go with the 4" resonated tips, just to help cut something down a bit, because i knew this was going to be loud.
I ordered the Kit straight from his website on a Thursday evening, and it was in the mail by Friday, But keep in mind this is coming to Canada and usually takes a while, anyways, it got to the border by the next Tuesday, cleared through on Wednesday and here is the part i don't like, Canada Post delivers USPS in Canada. It got on a truck in BC on Thursday morning, and didn't have another location "scan" unit Tuesday, of course, AFTER the long weekend! But i still managed to get it in a very timely manner considering the distance it went, and of course the PACKAGING was AMAZING! definitely some of the best I've seen, and I am currently working in a shipping department. But enough of my little "hate on" for Canada Post. So Without Further waiting here is some pics of the Finished Product

Over the Pit with them all bolted on; couldnt have done it without a pit or a lift..

More of a Close Up, Sorry for the crooked camera angle, They Are straight and quite even

General underneath Shot

This took a Little while to figure out, So here we have a Flowmaster Super44 muffler, and since it is smaller then the stock one, we at first couldn't figure out how to get all the pipes to line up, What we did is slide the stock piece of pipe (with the Hangar to stop the pipes from hanging low) into the muffler, (Clamped, Muffler cemented and High temp engine siliconed) and then slipped the stock pipe into the Bobs Kit on the other side.

And lastly, this took the most fabricating and mistakes, We didnt have a solid way to connect the stock pipes to the muffler without cutting the pipe closer to the front of the car because of that stupid little bend right before the stock muffler, so we had a new piece of 2.5in tubing, about 6 inches long that we welded onto the stock pipe that we cut as close to the inlet of the original muffler as possible, and then slipped that welded on pipe into the new muffler to create the spacing that we needed, the welding in that tight of a spot was a little tough, and ugly, so it all got a heavy coating of muffler cement/ High temp silicone and Clamped on.

In the end Everything sounds amazing, i wish my phone had some actually good quality to it, but since it doesnt a sound clip may not be coming for a little while.

Thanks to everyone who helped me with Getting this all ordered and to my Old man for giving me a hand!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Looks real good buddy. did you have to cut out a slot on the other side of your bumper or did you just buy a new one?

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
I did mine with the rear tires on ramps. Next time around ( and there will be a next time), I'm lettin a shop do it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Blastin Bobs Kit came with a template to use, though i had already traced the left side out with some paper and used a little cutting wheel to get it to shape. And after spending 45 minutes on the welding, doing it once, and then grinding it all and starting again, i think if i do decide to change it, a shop will be doing mine!

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Looks real good man. I wanted to cut mine and get the y split like you just afraid I'll cut it wrong or something.. got bad nerves workin on my mag

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Looks real good man. I wanted to cut mine and get the y split like you just afraid I'll cut it wrong or something.. got bad nerves workin on my mag

Same here..lol but I'm thinking I will go for it soon enough. I might let the shop do it though. I think I'm ready for dual. I already have the flowmaster super 44 series straight piped out with no resonator. It sounds great already. I'm just wondering if I go dual, how would that change up the sound. Would it make it louder or quitter or meaner sounding? As she sounds pretty mean for a 3.5L v6. always getting compliments on it and people assume its a v8 or that ice done something to the engine..haha

·
Registered
245 Posts
Good job man! Welcome to the "dual exhaust" v6 club! LOL

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Looks Great Bro, but Funny you already have the Factory RT/SRT Dual Exhaust Gas Tank heatshield inplace, I only have the right side shield on my SXT, and thats one of the things I need for my conversion(I prefer the Factory Shield over just stick on mating)...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks Great Bro, but Funny you already have the Factory RT/SRT Dual Exhaust Gas Tank heatshield inplace, I only have the right side shield on my SXT, and thats one of the things I need for my conversion(I prefer the Factory Shield over just stick on mating)...
I know, this car has quite a bit of little things that you may not expect from either the SXT or being pretty base model either. And you made it sound like you could be hinting at something there...?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just wanted to chime in!!

Just got my BB 14db kit with magnaflow muffler 12236 installed and wow!!

Love the sound. Love the look. Went with the 4inch non resonated tips. A little drone around 2500 but man when you hit those higher rpm it really does have a great tone to it. I had a local shop Install it all for 100 bucks. Worth saving the hassle. Funny thing was the guy who owned the shop use to have a done up RT. He had never heard of BB before but was curious to see and hear the final product

Let's just say he and the rest of the guys at the shop were more then impress by the dramatic increase and tone when put on. Went on pretty smooth except for having to cut some more pipe and weld to for the smaller magnaflow muffler similar to what was done on the magnum in this thread.

Just wanted to send a thanks and shout out to BB. Job well done. Very happy customer.

Last question with the BB kit installed and the fact I have a CAI and catch can is there anything I can do to modify parameters on my diablo predator tuner now that this kit has been installed. Sorry for the thread jack!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts