Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my names zach and im from milwaukee wi.
i just bought a 2005 dodge magnum se, and i have gone through alot of stress with this car already, i have a front end clunk i cant seem to get rid of, even though i replaced upper and lower control arms, and tie rods. will post pictres and maybe a video of the sound later, thanks for you help!

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Greetings. Could be bad a shock(s)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking that too, it only happens over some bumps and not others, i was thinking the strut mount becuase of the highness of the clunk sound, it does not sound like its coming from below. Is that a common problem with this car?

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
The upper mount is easy to check. Open the hood, pull the shock cover off (if you have one) and make sure the center nut that secures the shock is tight. Also look at the entire shock body. If it's covered in oil, the shock could have a blown seal which could be the cause also.

Common problem?....No, but it happens.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Welcome from NORCAL.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Welcome! My hood was poorly adjusted causing a clunk. Found it while waxing one day...

·
Magnums Rule....
1,501 Posts
Welcome from PA.

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,575 Posts
Welcome from a SIX MAGNUM and TWO 300SRT family in North Carolina.

·
Meet Celeste
4,659 Posts
Welcome Zach from New Jersey!!! You'll find whatever you need here. Be sure to post pics!!!

I had front end clunking and came to find that it was from the inside of the car. The clips that hold in the dash on the passenger side was rattling. Could be a possibility...

Hope the mod bug bites :haha:

Matt

1 - 13 of 13 Posts