Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2005 Dodge magnum RT rear wheel drive and was told a few months back that I had a crack in my engine block after taking it to dodge and getting a chemical test. Since I've been looking for a motor to drop into it instead of spending 4k on a rebuild. I found a 2013 hemi RT motor with the transmission out of a charger and called around asking if I could drop the newer year motor. So far I've been told no. One of my buddies told me that all I have to do is take the mounts off of my motor and put them on the new one. He also said I would have to switch the harness. Is this possible?

·
Magnums Rule....
1,501 Posts
Yes it's possible, mounts are different, harness and computer will need to be switched out, you might need to reroute some things like hoses, and by the way welcome to the group, you can get hemi engines off ebay for around $2500
, just a thought.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it's possible, mounts are different, harness and computer will need to be switched out, you might need to reroute some things like hoses, and by the way welcome to the group, you can get hemi engines off ebay for around $2500
, just a thought.

Thanks for the info and the welcome. I found a RT 2012 motor and trans for $1500 bucks. I'm going to start working on it as soon as I go pick the engine up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts