Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to see on what u guys think been doing my mods making it mine. Question I have recommendations on exhaust.
Its a 2005 MAGNUM R/T RWD
should I get muffler i.e. like magnaflow or I've been kicking around just doing straight pipe cat back and or just mid muffler delete/ or rear resonator delete.
Any recommendations?
Thanks
Ryan Musick

·
Registered
77 Posts
You don't mention where you live, or how strict local regulations and police are. In Cali where I live, for smog reasons no one cares what you do to the exhaust as long as the cat works properly and it passes smog checks. If the exhaust is too loud, that is typically up to local authorities. Generally any cat back exhaust system is legal, but if mufflers are eliminated, you may be forced to replace them. If you don't get on the throttle around town, you might be ok.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You don't mention where you live, or how strict local regulations and police are. In Cali where I live, for smog reasons no one cares what you do to the exhaust as long as the cat works properly and it passes smog checks. If the exhaust is too loud, that is typically up to local authorities. Generally any cat back exhaust system is legal, but if mufflers are eliminated, you may be forced to replace them. If you don't get on the throttle around town, you might be ok.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah sry didn't think about that
I'm in Indiana we don't do emissions testing or have any regulations. Just didn't know if anyone on here has done just like delete both or just one or whatever, and if so what anyone thought and or if any recommendations to do that or certain muffler type set up. Just wondering peoples thoughts want to get a good sound or ideas/opinions for sound and performance ect.

Thanks
Ryan

·
From Silver 2 Sexy Bullet
1,783 Posts
Based on your emission regs, start with axleback options to see what works. There are emission friendly aftermarket options that have good sound and keep you within emissions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts